Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish INQ didn't count...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wish INQ didn't count...

I have vowed not to apply for anymore credit until I can try to refinance my car hopefully within the next 6 months... However not applying for anything is killing me, I just don't know how to stop, it's so much fun! I was in Target the other day and I almost applied for my 5th Target card just to see if they would give me another one!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: I wish INQ didn't count...

why would you want 4 target cards, LOL???  i agree, applying for stuff is really addictive.

Message 2 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I didn't want 4 Target Cards, or atleast I was thinking maybe I could combine the stupid limits into 1 nice limit, but they won't do that. and when I had 3, I was like no way will they give me another one and then it was instantly approved... so now it's like will they really give me a 5th one... I feel I must get the answer to that! lol

Message 3 of 22
Datx
Valued Contributor

I'm  also guilty of applying for CCs after making a promise to not apply anymore for at least 6 months. Since my recent approval came from GEMB for Paypal buyer credit, I applied for a Walmart card and was approved for $600. I was pretty satisfied and made another promise to not apply for another CC. Then I saw the "easiest Barclay credit card approval'  thread on the forum the next day.  Next thing you know, im on Apple's website looking to apply for the Visa card. Instant denial.

I wanted to stop applying for another 6 months so I can let my accounts age. I have been trying to stop since I want to apply for a credit card through my CU. I really need to stop applying! I think I have a problem, is there any type of counseling I can sign up for? Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder ... when the TV will have the reality show to help people like you to stop applying for more ccs  ....  lolll   Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

MyCreditStinks wrote:

is there any type of counseling I can sign up for? Smiley Very Happy

I have some handcuffs left over from the  job I retired from.  Maybe if we handcuff your  hands behind your back,  that will cure the problem.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 22
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

is there any type of counseling I can sign up for? Smiley Very Happy

I have some handcuffs left over from the  job I retired from.  Maybe if we handcuff your  hands behind your back,  that will cure the problem.  Smiley Very Happy

There are other things you can type with...LOL!!!  But seriously, my FICO scores dropped a bit from my recent CC acquisitions and I'm not planning on app'ing for anything else for a while so my scores can recover.  If I was in your shoes and knew that I had something to work towards (your refi) I'd seriously not apply for ANYTHING until your scores are solid for your loan.  I know it's thrilling to get approved but it's really temporary.  You don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 22
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I agree, I wish inquiries didn't count just so I could go friggin crazy applying for stuff...

One thing I've been planning to do is frame all of the denial letters I receive and hang them up on my walls and show them off to guests.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I didn't want 4 Target Cards, or atleast I was thinking maybe I could combine the stupid limits into 1 nice limit, but they won't do that. and when I had 3, I was like no way will they give me another one and then it was instantly approved... so now it's like will they really give me a 5th one... I feel I must get the answer to that! lol

I'm sorry, dude, but you really do need to check into rehab.  Smiley Happy

And when you get there, save a spot for me.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just wait until all y'all with two fistfulls of cards have to put up with the care and feeding of those things for a year or so. Gotta use this one, HSBC's quick to close; whoops, double rewards this quarter, this one will have to be the grocery/ gas card; never gonna get a CLI if I don't use this thing, so I guess I'd better stick it back in my wallet; wait, when was the due date on this one? Do I have a balance?? Am I LATE???

You know those poor people that you see on TV with the Animal Control officers carrying out cages and cages of starving critters? They no longer had pets; they just had more and more and more and more animals.

Credit is a tool. It can be fun to acquire new credit, just as it can be fun to get the latest attachment to the Dremel Rotary Super-Duper-Polisher. But having a garage full of unused tools makes no sense. It costs money, and it clutters your mind as well as the garage. And it's the same with CC's.

To copy/ paste from my own siggy: * Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?

OK, enough of my tortured similes and metaphors for tonight...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.