cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to move CL's around. Is this possible.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to move CL's around. Is this possible.

In order for me to try an transfer CL's, I must currently have the cards right? I would like to get CSP.  I have the freedom with 4200 CL an Amazon 2000 CL. Can I ask to move freedom limit to a CSP (even though I don't have the card) an move additional 800 from amazon to make CSP CL 5000. Then move 1200 from amazon to freedom? I know this sound confusing an probably unrealistic, but still want to know if this is possible. My TU score according to Barclay's an Discover is 685. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I would like to move CL's around. Is this possible.

@Anonymous wrote:

In order for me to try an transfer CL's, I must currently have the cards right? I would like to get CSP.  I have the freedom with 4200 CL an Amazon 2000 CL. Can I ask to move freedom limit to a CSP (even though I don't have the card) an move additional 800 from amazon to make CSP CL 5000. Then move 1200 from amazon to freedom? I know this sound confusing an probably unrealistic, but still want to know if this is possible. My TU score according to Barclay's an Discover is 685. 

you have to apply for CSP and then you can move CL's if they will open you a 3rd card.

Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to first get the CSP, you cannot move limits to a card that you do not yet qualify for. If you app and are denied you may be able to call the backdoor and get it open with CL transfers, this has been done before.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran the pre approval link an the only two cards that come up is the freedom which I already have an they slate which I already had an closed. I guess I just have to wait till its offered.

Message 4 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In order for me to try an transfer CL's, I must currently have the cards right?

You have to have both the source and target card.  You can't transfer to or from a card that you do not have.  If your internal limit prevents you from opening a new card you can transfer with recon.

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this sound confusing an probably unrealistic, but still want to know if this is possible. My TU score according to Barclay's an Discover is 685. 

We can't tell you yours odds of approval.  I don't even know if Chase uses TU 08 scores.

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you have the offer for the freedom i would maybe jump for csp since you can move CL's to make the $5k credit line if they won't approve you for the full amount.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh OK. Well I was never turned down because of inq or collections. I did receive a letter b4 for too many request for credit. Does that possibly mean automatic denial?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have to have both the source and target card.  You can't transfer to or from a card that you do not have.  If your internal limit prevents you from opening a new card you can transfer with recon.

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this sound confusing an probably unrealistic, but still want to know if this is possible. My TU score according to Barclay's an Discover is 685. 

We can't tell you yours odds of approval.  I don't even know if Chase uses TU 08 scores.

?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh OK. Well I was never turned down because of inq or collections. I did receive a letter b4 for too many request for credit. Does that possibly mean automatic denial?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

?

Chase is very reliant on their own internal scoring system. They will pull your report and then run it through their own internal scoring algorithm.

Message 8 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

if your UTIL isn't perfect you can get some points with that trick and app.

then you will know for sure.

I was approved with a double pull 3 months ago (i waited a couple months after Freedom/Slate pre-quals and CSP showed up)

at the time of app...

TU 706

EX 690

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization is 1%. The problem is I just open these 2 cards. My 1st statement should be closing on the 8th. This week. I have managed to pushed a little over 3k through the card an payed it back after each balance posted. Right now I have to charge at least $42.00 so it will post as 1% otherwise it will be 0. I wonder being new to chase if this will play a negative factor too.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.