cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF denied, creditor MUST provide Bureau used and Score used right?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

IF denied, creditor MUST provide Bureau used and Score used right?

So I got denied Citi Diamond Preferred Dec 4th. Just got the denial letter like a week ago.

They only gave ME ONE reason:

Too many Recently opened accounts recorded on Equifax report

They DID NOT give me me EQ Score.... or any other info.

Aren't they REQUIRED TO FURNISH my FICO?????

I even sent them an updated report after some derogatory info was removed, and I was still denied. These jokers are out of control. The lady I last spoke with couldn't even tell me why it was denied this time... she REFUSED to tell me.. and told me to check my report. I CHECK my reports! That has nothing to do with why Citi denied me!!! I haven't even opened an account in THREE MONTHS! and my FICO is like 720'ish on EQ. I'm pretty upset...

not because I got denied (well, that is upsetting)

but because I've gained no insight into Citi approval...

and they didn't even really give me a valid reason for denial!

UGH

Thanks for letting me vent :-)

I want to contact the Exec Office!! GR

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: IF denied, creditor MUST provide Bureau used and Score used right?

you should get atleast some score
Message 2 of 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

You get the score if it was a factor in the decision to deny credit or to grant it at less than optimal terms.

If they didn't use your score, they don't have to provide it.

Message 3 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

okay, but the last Rep said my "FICO was too low"

and still no score.

So.. is this illegal??

HM.. maybe it's time for me to use the CFPB???

LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 39
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Umm didn't they give you a reason? "Too Many New Accounts" right? Well there is your answer... Obviously 3 Months is too soon to be applying for more credit according to Citi.

Message 5 of 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

okay, but the last Rep said my "FICO was too low"

and still no score.

So.. is this illegal??

HM.. maybe it's time for me to use the CFPB???

LOL

Citi isn't going to jerk you around and violate federal law.  The letters are generated by computer.  If the letter says your score wasn't a factor, it wasn't a factor, despite what some CS rep may say.  Remember - credit is a privilege that you have to earn.  Citi doesn't want to extend you credit.  Tough cookies.

Don't waste the CFPB's time just because you got denied for a card you want.

Message 6 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

haha okay.

Thanks for the negative advice....and I know credit is a privelege blah blah blahh..SCORE is ALWAYS a factor with credit.. duh.

but I'm probably better off sticking with my plan ;-)

Message 7 of 39
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

LoL SNAP!! LoL

Message 8 of 39
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I was recently declined the Chase Ink Plus and was not given a score. The main reason was because business is too new, so the score played no factor in it.

Message 9 of 39
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Djrez4 went IN!! LoL

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.