cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?

@Anonymous wrote:

IF you could have only ONE credit card, what would it be and why?  role play for a minute, you just won the $500M powerball, used your attorney to hide your identity, cashed it out and paid off all your bills, setup a trust fund that is being professionaly managed for investment return -- basically money no object, your credit is now steller, but you want to simplify your life.  what credit card would you choose and why?

Given this premise, the card companies would be knocking on your door with personal invitations to their "exclusive" club!  Here's who's likely:

1 - AMEX Centurion

2 - JP Morgan Palladium

3 - AMEX Platinum

4 - Merrill Accolades Card

According to one site, those are the most exclusive cards with the best benefits, available to Americans.  My personal choice would be the JP Morgan Palladium card, would be able to do everthing that I need a card for. 

Message 11 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex Centurion requires an INVITATION, right?!??!!!

I'd like that card obvi. If not, I'd say Amex Platinum. And paying cash, even if you are extremely wealthy..doesn't make sense. People with wealth like that typically use credit MORE statistically speaking, as a financial tool. I'm not giving up cash back!!! Lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 16
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

Penfed Platinum Rewards   Visa Platinum.

Why? I would be covered and i would be getting cahback on stuff i spend the most: 3% on groceries and 5% on gasoline. No Foreign transaction fee and no Cash advance fee and APR 9.99

That is my next CC that i am going to apply, although i got those categories already covered, I want that Penfed membership and CC....

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

Penfed Platinum Rewards   Visa Platinum.

Why? I would be covered and i would be getting cahback on stuff i spend the most: 3% on groceries and 5% on gasoline. No Foreign transaction fee and no Cash advance fee and APR 9.99

That is my next CC that i am going to apply, although i got those categories already covered, I want that Penfed membership and CC....

you mean you wouldnt hire someone to do all that stuff for you?

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 16
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I would have to say the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Why? Good looking card, all metal, cashback, hotel perks, and everything else i could ever want in a card. Its also excepted everywhere. If Amex was excepted everywhere I would have chose the Gold Premier Rewards or the Centurion.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 15 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I would rip apart all my ccs and swipe my butt with a nice big fat roll of $100 bills... everyday.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.