tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: IHG 80,000 bonus points is up and running

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to do it.  Instant approval at 12K.  Already online.  They are quick.  Score at the time of app was 706.

excellent, you have chase cards and if so do you carry a balance on any?  if so what is your %?

I have the CSP currently and it is at 5% utilization.  Way over 5/24 the limit on the CSP is 5500 and i couldnt get a CLI a few months ago.

ug, you took a hit for a cli, why didnt you just app for another card?  if I told you what sl I just got you would not believe me lol

I agree ...in most cases with Chase it's better just to grab another card than reqeust CLI's. Some are lucky..but most of us get shot down on those. I've been with Chase for 10 years and have never gotten a CLI. 

Message 21 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to do it.  Instant approval at 12K.  Already online.  They are quick.  Score at the time of app was 706.

excellent, you have chase cards and if so do you carry a balance on any?  if so what is your %?

I have the CSP currently and it is at 5% utilization.  Way over 5/24 the limit on the CSP is 5500 and i couldnt get a CLI a few months ago.

ug, you took a hit for a cli, why didnt you just app for another card?  if I told you what sl I just got you would not believe me lol

I was trying to keep my AAOA on the rise and figured I would give the CLI a shot.  Lesson learned. And please tell me

Message 22 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

This card is not part of the 5/24 rule correct? Because I sent this to one of my friends that wants to apply but she's worried she can't because she's over 5/24.

Right..she's good to go. 5/24 doesn't affect the IHG.

only downside is that chase sometimes double taps and I have heard not the typical ex/tu but ex/eq which is kind of different.  I think this is less lightly if one has chase cards in good standing

She already has the CSP with a 20k limit and her scores are mid-700s so I think she should be fine. I'll post back with the results after her app.

I generally thought that chase only 2x when a person has only a lower tier card and they are going for a csp/csr but I guess not.  must be tired to internal score, payment pattern, util, etc.  you are not picking it up?

Message 23 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was trying to keep my AAOA on the rise and figured I would give the CLI a shot.  Lesson learned. And please tell me

@I get it, aaoa and account age is big with chase.  what is your internal score?  $21K and I have a balance on everything, ink, csr, fu and f.  internal score was 767 last time I checked.  my csr is @ $30k

Message 24 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Congrats Mine is $8K though I did both (Hyatt and IHG )back to back and ended up with 8K on each. Which is more than enough for my hotel spends. lol

If you want another card on the same pull. This is your moment! lol

gosh, what was your bonus deal with the hyatt?  you got me thinking about one hp lol

Message 25 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Congrats Mine is $8K though I did both (Hyatt and IHG )back to back and ended up with 8K on each. Which is more than enough for my hotel spends. lol

If you want another card on the same pull. This is your moment! lol

gosh, what was your bonus deal with the hyatt?  you got me thinking about one hp lol

It was $2000 spend for $2000( 2 nights) worth of hotel stays. It's now 40,000 points for $2000.

Oh and I live in Alabama. I believe they pull EQ And EX for most of the Southeast..though I could be wrong.

Message 26 of 104
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

This card is not part of the 5/24 rule correct? Because I sent this to one of my friends that wants to apply but she's worried she can't because she's over 5/24.

Right..she's good to go. 5/24 doesn't affect the IHG.

only downside is that chase sometimes double taps and I have heard not the typical ex/tu but ex/eq which is kind of different.  I think this is less lightly if one has chase cards in good standing

She already has the CSP with a 20k limit and her scores are mid-700s so I think she should be fine. I'll post back with the results after her app.

I generally thought that chase only 2x when a person has only a lower tier card and they are going for a csp/csr but I guess not.  must be tired to internal score, payment pattern, util, etc.  you are not picking it up?

Instant approval for her with 20k SL which surprised her. And yes I'm seriously thinking about getting it. CSP/FU has been in my sights for awhile so it might finally be time to bite the bullet here. Only concern is old CO from 2007 so depends if they want to make things difficult lol.

Message 27 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, won't know until you apply..if denied, there's always that back door #.  Just make sure you have your ducks in a row when calling.  

Good luck if you go for it!

Message 28 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase will also match the 100k/$2K offer if you got the 80K within 90 days.  card is sort of a no-brainer, fee night @ ANY hotel per year

What does the Chase match exactly mean ?
So if I spend enough to get the $80k
Chase will also give me 100k points if I spend 2k in 90 days ?

I would also have to apply for this card via the posted link, and not from the Chase site right ?

Message 29 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous will also match the 100k/$2K offer if you got the 80K within 90 days.  card is sort of a no-brainer, fee night @ ANY hotel per year

What does the Chase match exactly mean ?
So if I spend enough to get the $80k
Chase will also give me 100k points if I spend 2k in 90 days ?

I would also have to apply for this card via the posted link, and not from the Chase site right ?

Through the Chase website it is 60,000 points. IHG also sends out  targeted deals for you to buy points at a discount.

Message 30 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.