Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG 80,000 bonus points is up and running

tag
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: IHG 80,000 bonus points is up and running

80k bonus offer is hard to pass so i applied via iHG link and got approved for 27k sl with lowest APR I think 16.99 i made screen shot right after i got approved but for me the 80k or the 100k points are good to get itunes gift card Smiley Tongue original plan was to apply 3rd Navy account which is now pushed away to the end of this yearSmiley Indifferent

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 71 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats guys! Holy smokes, you guys are slaying IHG! Any of you double dipping on your HP with Chase?

Message 72 of 104
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats everyone on approvals! and thanks Gmood for the link. @ Mahraja did you recieve a double pull for the app? @Gmood this would be only my second card with Chase and was wondering how long are applications on file with them good for?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 73 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Congrats everyone on approvals! and thanks Gmood for the link. @ Mahraja did you recieve a double pull for the app? @Gmood this would be only my second card with Chase and was wondering how long are applications on file with them good for?

You're very welcomed!

You've got roughly 24 hours Eastern standard Time to app for the a second card on the same pulls. It must fall within that date/ day.  You can only get two Chase cards within a 30 day period. Hope that answers your question. 

I've also seen evidence where you'll get a double pulled on first app and a single pull on EX for the second app. Might be particular CC related, I'm not sure though.

A couple of years ago, there were a few members that apped within a week for two cards and only the first pulls were used for both apps. I haven't seen anything like that lately.

Message 74 of 104
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Congrats everyone on approvals! and thanks Gmood for the link. @ Mahraja did you recieve a double pull for the app? @Gmood this would be only my second card with Chase and was wondering how long are applications on file with them good for?

You're very welcomed!

You've got roughly 24 hours Eastern standard Time to app for the a second card on the same pulls. It must fall within that date/ day.  You can only get two Chase cards within a 30 day period. Hope that answers your question.

A couple of years ago, there were a few members that apped within a week for two cards and only the first pulls were used for both apps. I haven't seen anything like that lately.

Thanks Gmood! It certainly clears up some things for me...Another scenerio to run by you. Just say you app for both cards on same day, with the first one being instant approval and the 2nd app goes pending review into the next day or even a week down the road. Would that same pull then be used? or will they have to do a re-pull since the 24 hour app grace period had then lapsed?

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 75 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

You're very welcomed!

Thanks Gmood! It certainly clears up some things for me...Another scenerio to run by you. Just say you app for both cards on same day, with the first one being instant approval and the 2nd app goes pending review into the next day or even a week down the road. Would that same pull then be used? or will they have to do a re-pull since the 24 hour app grace period had then lapsed?

When I've had this to happen. They still use the original pull. I apped for the IHG and Hyatt together.

The IHG was an instant approval. The Hyatt went to a 30 day notice. I found out it was just a verification thing. In the end, I got both CCs on a EQ/EX pull.

Message 76 of 104
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

You're very welcomed!

When I've had this to happen. They still use the original pull. I apped for the IHG and Hyatt together.

The IHG was an instant approval. The Hyatt went to a 30 day notice. I found out it was just a verification thing. In the end, I got both CCs on a EQ/EX pull.

Thanks Gmood for your promptness and information as well. I think I will double app for this and probably AMZ prime visa combo as I am waayyyy over the 5/24. Looks as if I can be confident if doing both apps that they will only pull 1 bureau per app. Just wanted to try and avoid a double hit for both of them. Smiley Wink

Message 77 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

You're very welcomed!

Thanks Gmood for your promptness and information as well. I think I will double app for this and probably AMZ prime visa combo as I am waayyyy over the 5/24. Looks as if I can be confident if doing both apps that they will only pull 1 bureau per app. Just wanted to try and avoid a double hit for both of them. Smiley Wink

I gotcha, make sure to use different browsers for each app or clear your browser history.

Chase's system gets confused otherwise. Lol

Message 78 of 104
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

FYI I got my second Chase approval the next day and only got the one double pull on EQ and EX.  They were on different computers and within 24 hours of each other.

Message 79 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

FYI I got my second Chase approval the next day and only got the one double pull on EQ and EX.  They were on different computers and within 24 hours of each other.

I was referring to mere mortals experiences Mr.Disco99..you sir are no mere mortal! 😀

Thanks for the data points. 

Message 80 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.