Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG Premier New Target offer 135,000 sign up bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IHG Premier New Target offer 135,000 sign up bonus

Received a target email for IHG Premier Card believe the highest sign up bonus seen for the card.

It states IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, you can earn 80,000 bonus points after $2,000 in purchases in 3 months from account opening + 40,000 bonus points after a total of $5,000 in purchases in 6 months from account and additional 10,000 Bonus Points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary every year.

There’s also a targeted offer that includes a $50 dollar statement credit after first purchase with the 10,000 Bonus Points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.
With the 5,000 bonus points after you add an authorized user and they make their first purchase
Would make the Total offer of 135,000 IHG points
Annual is not waived.
According to US Credit Guide IHG points are valued at .6 cents, the 135,000 points would be worth about $810 dollars.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IHG Premier New Target offer 135,000 sign up bonus

Like the nightly free night for the $49 version dollar of card, but honestly the points are kinda a PITA to use atm trying to book a 3 night room in chicago and tons of the hotels are blocked out not allowing points as they want cash/point or just cash it appears.  Most hotels I am looking at are 50k points per night so basically you are looking at a 2 night sign-up and and a lesser tier hotel for the 3rd night if you were to do that as anniversary night isnt till after having card 1 year.  Obviously their are some hotels for 5k+ points, but most would choose to avoid those or they are in other countries etc..  I will keep the card for the 1 free night at any ihg, but as stated using points are proving to be a PITA where i am trying to go and i am booking WAY in advance

Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Agreed about award availability.

I stayed at the 154-room HIX in Flagstaff two years ago. I mentioned at the front desk that I was surprised that I couldn't get an award stay, seeing as the hotel was fairly empty. The clerk said they allowed (IIRC) 7 award rooms per night.

That's less than 5% of capacity.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

I stayed at the 154-room HIX in Flagstaff two years ago. I mentioned at the front desk that I was surprised that I couldn't get an award stay, seeing as the hotel was fairly empty. The clerk said they allowed (IIRC) 7 award rooms per night.

Wow ... Ya trying to book my hotel stay End of Augst / Beg of Sept that is a WAYS out and yep the upper end ones I want are a no go.

BTW love flagstaff that is where i graduated college at being NAU Smiley Happy.. Miss Flagstaff, sedona and scottsdale!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

Interesting, seems that booking last minute would net some saving in this case?

Generally Hotels like to book to capacity, no?

Message 5 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Interesting, seems that booking last minute would net some saving in this case?

Generally Hotels like to book to capacity, no?

It was more like cartel pricing. I think I only looked at Marriott and IHG (no Hyatt nearby, and those were the three hotel apps I had on my phone). The prices suggested they were filling up, but when I got there I saw that was clearly not the case.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.