Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG certificate and card cancellation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IHG certificate and card cancellation

my sister has the IHG card and her annual fee posted. She doesn't use the card and don't want to pay the annual fee. Since she has yet to use her annual free night certificate, she wants to know if she'll lose it once she cancels the card. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: IHG certificate and card cancellation

@Anonymous wrote:

my sister has the IHG card and her annual fee posted. She doesn't use the card and don't want to pay the annual fee. Since she has yet to use her annual free night certificate, she wants to know if she'll lose it once she cancels the card. Thanks!

so she got the card to get the sub and night and now wants to cancel it.  that is the way chase may or may not read it.  the answer to your query lies within but that little card is a no-brainer imo, i could pop over to bev hills and stay at a $450/night hotel for the annual fee.  she got at a min 3 nights out of the card and going forward will get 1 per year.  its a fun card to have and really easy to get points on via ihg offers and eating out.  she can cancel if she wants, the rewards have nothing to do with the card. 

Message 2 of 5
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

With the devaluation of their anniversary reward, I wonder if a lot of people would cancel their IHG card?

I'm strongly considering it, maybe after I burn the points I've accumulated with them (which shouldn't be an issue, as they overvalue their hotels- points-wise, at least).

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 5
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

She will not lose the certificate if she cancels the card as long as it has already been awarded to her.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I will communicate your responses to her.

I believe it is her third year holding onto this card and she became more of a hermit over the years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.