cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA Projekt Card CLOSED 1 Month After Opening (Important DPs!)

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: IKEA Projekt Card CLOSED 1 Month After Opening (Important DPs!)

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing.  I was approved for a 12k limit, Ikea projekt card.  I am on my husbands Amex, 25k limit w/9% utilization & I have a Kohls card w/1.2k limit 2% utilization.  When I applied I had zero inquiries on Experian, that is the one they pulled & 1 inq on Equifax that will fall off in Sept of this year.   I logged in and it says zero out of 12k available credit.   My friend said that this bank is known for closing accounts without notice.  I have not even gotten the card & when I was approved, it said that I could use the account immediately.  I was waiting for an email but it never came.  If they close down accounts like this I am not even going to bother, just leave it closed.   I was suduced by the 12 month interest free financing lol.

Yeah, thats just horrible to do to someone but Comenity  is famous for it. Dont approve someone if you are going to close it before card arrives. I never had problems per se but i wouldnt go for any more Comeniyy cards on reputation alone.

Message 11 of 16
missji
Regular Contributor

Don't feel too bad about it. There are posts throughout here where people are reporting this behavior from Comenity. Happened to me too. They closed my Ulta and Overstock cards but then I got preapprovals on both within a week. I reopened them and then about a month later, they closed the Ulta account. The Overstock account is still open. Then, just yesterday, I was surprised to get a preapproval for the West Elm card at checkout. I didnt even bother moving forward with it. Comentity went through a similar panic attack back in 2018. I had several of their cards, all with no balances and limits in the $1000-2000 range. Almost all closed with no explanation. And I had not been applying for credit, had no new adverse activity or anything. Something maybe changed in their models which said, get rid of that chick. Whatever - wasn't using them anyway.

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 16
Rogue46
Established Contributor

You said something that made me think in the original post about returning an item. Would that count as a purchase meaning a way to put spend on the card periodically?

Message 13 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

You said something that made me think in the original post about returning an item. Would that count as a purchase meaning a way to put spend on the card periodically?

As in regularly buy items and then return them?   That isn't something that the card issuers like but more importantly it's behavior that gets retailers seeing red and gets you put on their internal naughty list. That list has nothing to do with credit cards.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 16
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Gotcha, Not something I would be doing it would seem to be too much of a hassle. Just curious 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my story with that card I had a $8000 CL, I moved to my new place bought $620 worth of stuff, made two miniumun paytments then got notice they cut credit limit to $650 so I paid it off haven't used it since. The chop in CL was insane worst I ever seen no clue why they didn't even send a letter in mail or resason. I don't use it enough to get on the phone

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.