Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA Projekt Card

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ikea Credit Card Coming Soon

@Anonymous wrote:

What happened to the old Sync one? https://credit.syf.com/consumergen2/login.do?subActionId=1000&clientId=ikea&accountType=plcc  Surprised Sync didn't offer to underwrite and service an IKEA MC/Visa.

Their partnership and servicing agreement ended and was not renewed.  So IKEA did not have a CC for quite sometime.

Message 30 of 112
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Alliance Data = Comenity.

They are the same company Smiley Wink So, if this will be a major card offered like a Visa, then the credit requirements will be a little more stringent, AND lets not forget what happens when you add a Major Comenity card to your mix when you have a store card with them......they shut you down.

So, anyone that already has a retail/store card with them, and then applies and gets approved for a major Visa with them....Id be very Leary in apping for it.

Just my two cents Smiley Wink

IMO, that all depends on an individual's profile which is pretty much YEMV.  For instance, I've had my A&F, Elder Beerman, Barneys NY, PayPal Credit, J Crew store cards and in the mix True Value Discover, DSW, Sportsman's Guide, ORBITZ and recently closed my (sadly missed) Virgin America back in October given their partnership was coming to an end. 

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with adding an extra CC and being shutdown - but I'm still cautious just to be safe.  For sure I thought anything was possible knowing Comenity when I applied for Virgin America (Nov 2016) but nope.  I added ORBITZ in July of 2017 and had to go through verification and was approved without issues.  So far, all cards still work.

Message 31 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard the card will come in 12 puzzle pieces that you have to glue together.
Message 32 of 112
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the general perception of Ikea?  I've only been in one once, probably nearly 10 years ago and bought 3 light fixtures for my kitchen.  They were cheap (maybe $10-$15 each) but look good and have not had any issues over that period of time. 

I always saw it as a disposable furniture outlet or a cheap way to furnish a dorm room or temporary housing. Some of the lines (Hemnes comes to mind) hold together well enough to last years, but nothing there struck me as forever furniture. From a styling perspective, I think it's also a bit of an acquired taste. Some lines are neutral enough to work in different decors, while others are so modern/geometric they look out of place in many homes.

Considering how infrequently one should need to buy furniture, the popularity of the place is a bit surprising to me. Most other furniture stores I step foot in are ghost towns (excepting a certain local chain of stores that also have movie theaters in them, but most of the people in those stores aren't there to buy furniture).

Message 33 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard the card will come in 12 puzzle pieces that you have to glue together.

And even once it looks like you have it put together, you'll still have a couple of leftover pieces that you can't figure out what to do with.

Chris.

Message 34 of 112
digitek
Established Contributor

As someone who bought a house in the last 10 years and having to furnish the place, I have a lot of Ikea furniture.  Mainly because buying a house is expenisve AF and after you get everything settled you barely have any money for decent furniture.

Ikea is a good middle ground, it's not super cheap or super expensive and it might not be forever furniture, but it is "good enough" furniture =D

When I bought stuff from them a few years ago I asked the lady at the register about a CC and she said they didn't have one and I was really surprised by that.

I just got the US Bank Cash+ card because I have finally gotten to the point where I can buy "forever" furniture.

Personally, I hate how the store is designed.  I am not an Ikea fanboy in any sense, but I do have a bunch of their furniture.

Guy who started Ikea is one of the wealthiest people on the planet, like top 10 =D

Message 35 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the general perception of Ikea?  I've only been in one once, probably nearly 10 years ago and bought 3 light fixtures for my kitchen.  They were cheap (maybe $10-$15 each) but look good and have not had any issues over that period of time. 

I've actually only ever shopped there once, and that was last summer when I was laying in gear for my new rabbits. I got a very nice large sisal rug there (the "Osted" 2'7" x 7'7") for $40 which has served since as the bunnies' play area surface. Never had the meatballs, though.

Message 36 of 112
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

One thing to always be aware of is that IKEA has a lot of product recalls.

allenkey.jpg

Message 37 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

allenkey.jpg

YMMV.  My wife was just putting together some Ikea furniture over the weekend and, wouldn't you know it, she's left-handed, and all they had in the box was a right-handed allen key.  She had to have me tighten all of the screws, since I'm right-handed. Smiley Wink

Chris.

Message 38 of 112
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

allenkey.jpg

YMMV.  My wife was just putting together some Ikea furniture over the weekend and, wouldn't you know it, she's left-handed, and all they had in the box was a right-handed allen key.  She had to have me tighten all of the screws, since I'm right-handed. Smiley Wink

Chris.

Moral of the story: marry someone of opposite handedness. Smiley LOL

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 39 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.