Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMO; do you think I'll be approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO; do you think I'll be approved?

Okay I've beem building for almost a year now with my "Wells Fargo, Secured Card" I've made 10 paymant 100% on time and just paid $1266.00 and got it deleted from my credit reports which brough my credit score up 77points from 654 and now I want another credit card but I'm worried I won't be approved because of the age of my credit and the 6 credit inquries I have from when I wastrying to get a credit card before I heard about Secured Cards lol.

I was going to apply for another card but when I see my credit Karma profile I don't feel so confident and I wanted to apply for this card https://www.creditkarma.com/creditcard/CCDiscover1301?originEvent=1345613186 do you think I'll be approved? Do you have any recomendations for me?

Also it hasn't even been a year from when I first started building it Isince I just started building it late last year 19 I thought the age grew as you first graduated to 18.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: IMO; do you think I'll be approved?

Try some pre approval sites like Chase AMEX etc. Chase if your pre approved is pretty rock solid. I would get to a year when the inquires carry less weight before applying for Discover. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I bank with Chase so that would be great, thank you.
Message 3 of 11
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

Did you pre qualify?

Here is the link: https://creditcards.chase.com/prequalified-offers

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did when my credit was 660 but I threw it out thinking wasn't going to get it but I just thought my credit was at good standing now most of those inquires are going to be removed next year. I just don't wanna apply and get rejected even though I think my credit is at a good standing to get a credit card.I was going to apply for Chase since there my bank and credit karma is telling me I have a fair/poor chance of getting approved.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you use the prequalify link that he mentioned earlier?  What did it say?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and it said there were no offers for me at this time Credit Karma has a Capitol One student Journey card it says I have very good odds of getting and there's also  a Discover student card but it says N/A on my odds.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you do not find pre-qualified offers if you have moved, i think you have a chance with Discover or the student journey...

Message 8 of 11
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

FWIW the Chase pre-approval has never worked for me and I have 3 Chase cards.  I think you stand a good chance of being approved for a Freedom. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up applying and getting approved for a Capitol One Student Journey Card thank you everyone.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.