Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCREASE SCORE FAST?

tag
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

INCREASE SCORE FAST?

Hi can someone please tell me how to increase your credit score? Cuz everytime I app for something my score drops like crazy 10 points? Is there a way I can increase it fast?
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: INCREASE SCORE FAST?

Time, good payment history, and increased AAOA are the keys. No overnight solutions, unless you're full of COs, and CAs, and they happen to delete at once.

Message 2 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

I dont have anything bad on my CR. But having 5 inq in EX makes me drop 10 points.
Message 3 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Every time you app, you're going to take a hit on:

the inquiry

the new account upon it's reporting

AAOA drop.

Every new card will cause you to drop initially, but recovers within a "give or take" six month window.

Message 4 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

@newbiewife wrote:
I dont have anything bad on my CR. But having 5 inq in EX makes me drop 10 points.

You're lucky that's all, 10 pts for 5 inqs is very modest. The good thing is its temporary. When your inqs age and if you keep your balanced down, you can recover and should exceed your previous score..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

guess ill just wait for it. And make sure everything on my account age. 

Message 6 of 10
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Especially if you've been applying for cards.  That's the price you pay for apping as stated above.  No quick fix there, just time, and no more apping to let things rebound.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Of course you can no more new apps after the Amex approval Lol

Report to garden we have reserved a chair, watering can and mulch at the gate in your name.

I couldn't resist Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Ur funny myjourney... LOL! Yeah after amex im going to garden, ill just wait whats gonna be the decision. Geeeeeeeee Amex! Then let all amex and chase to age. I think my chase will age in the drawer. LOL!
Message 9 of 10
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

paying down heavy balances has worked for me in the past

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.