Did you mean: 

IS CARE CREDIT LEGIT

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: IS CARE CREDIT LEGIT

@FinStar wrote:

It's as legit as chocolate chip cookies.   It is a promotional financing product offered by Synchrony Bank that can be used at participating physicians/dentists, veterinarians, and places like Rite Aid, Walgreens (recent addition), Walmart (select/qualifying purchases), etc.  There are terms associated with some promotional financing plans (6, 12, 18 months, etc.) depending on the financed amount and provider.   Be sure to read the fine print to learn whether Care Credit will be the right product.

+1

I am providing a link, but please note the below language in italics that I copied from the website:  https://carecredit.com/howcarecreditworks/prospective?msclkid=4c7b8e44017b12f9d539d2a33280fca3&gclid...

Not all promotional financing options are available at all enrolled providers. Ask yours for details. Promotional financing options are not available at all retail locations that accept CareCredit and standard account terms will apply to such purchases.

This strikes me as weird. Why wouldn't they all be the same?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 23
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Can this card be used for over the counter medication? Bandaids, knee braces etc
Message 12 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It's as legit as chocolate chip cookies.   It is a promotional financing product offered by Synchrony Bank that can be used at participating physicians/dentists, veterinarians, and places like Rite Aid, Walgreens (recent addition), Walmart (select/qualifying purchases), etc.  There are terms associated with some promotional financing plans (6, 12, 18 months, etc.) depending on the financed amount and provider.   Be sure to read the fine print to learn whether Care Credit will be the right product.

+1

I am providing a link, but please note the below language in italics that I copied from the website:  https://carecredit.com/howcarecreditworks/prospective?msclkid=4c7b8e44017b12f9d539d2a33280fca3&gclid...

Not all promotional financing options are available at all enrolled providers. Ask yours for details. Promotional financing options are not available at all retail locations that accept CareCredit and standard account terms will apply to such purchases.

The provider gets a say in what promotions are available at their location since they have to pay interest during the promo period. 

I'm not sure if it's all/part or what rate, but others have mentioned it before and my own dentist has confirmed this as well.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1

Because the office that takes the card is footing the bill for the financing I’m sure. Someone has to pay the interest and if you’re not doing it, it’s gotta be the business. 

ETA: UncleB beat me to it lol. 

Message 14 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:
Can this card be used for over the counter medication? Bandaids, knee braces etc

IIRC, if you use it at Rite Aid or Walgreens locations, it should.  I've used mine for a variety of different items at Rite Aid.  At Walmart, only for select items, but I haven't tested it there.

Message 15 of 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have it and only use it for doctor/dentist bills with the special financing which is 0% so that is great. I did test at walmart with DH's card just to keep it active, did my normal shopping and used that card first, it charged all the medicine and beauty items to that then I had the balance remaining in groceries to pay. Easy to use

I would suggest asking for high limit, they let you request it and if that is not to their liking they will counter. They are pretty good with CLIs as long and they like your profile ( synch likes alot of themSmiley Happy ) I usually request every 4 months.

For HP you arre looking at TU or EXP usually.

Good luck if you decide to do.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 16 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

IIRC, if you use it at Rite Aid or Walgreens locations, it should.  I've used mine for a variety of different items at Rite Aid.  At Walmart, only for select items, but I haven't tested it there.

+1 @FinStar   I've used it at Walgreens for things that aren't health care related such as snacks and drinks (non-alcoholic) and it all swipes the same.  I do think they draw the line at maybe lottery and a few other select items.  As for Walmart...it's health care and personal hygiene related products.  If you have other items on the same transaction it'll just deduct for those items and you'll have to pay the remaining balance with another form of payment.  

Message 17 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1

The provider gets a say in what promotions are available at their location since they have to pay interest during the promo period. 

I'm not sure if it's all/part or what rate, but others have mentioned it before and my own dentist has confirmed this as well.

Ahhhhh. That makes sense. Thanks. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 23
tussking
Established Contributor

I got the card because I needed oral surgery and an implant. Great 0% financing for 18 months.

If your kid's ortho doesn't offer financing RUN to another. 

My kid's ortho offers 0% financing.

All he required was a credit card on file and he bills me $175 a month for 24 months with $800 down.

All inclusive too...

In today's competitive times for braces do your research. Ortho's make a killing on braces.

Good Luck!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 19 of 23
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Everyones replies have been very helpful. Thanks so much Fico Family😀
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.