Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iberia Bank Visa or??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iberia Bank Visa or??

Thinking of applying for this card...anyone here have it?  Would love to know which report they pull.  I've read that it takes a while to receive approval as they do a manual review. True?

I'm looking for one more lowish interest rate card...if anyone has a suggestion please tell me. I just apped and received Discover More this week. $5000...10.9%

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 03-03-2009 03:29 AM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Iberia Bank Visa or??

Dunno about the card but the bank appears to be fairly strong. They already returned their TARP money. 
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...didn't know that. Thanks Smallfry
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another interesting (or not) fact: they bought Pulaski Bank & Trust of Arkansas (issuer of the somewhat hard-to-obtain Pulaski Bank Visa cc) a few years ago.

http://www.iberiabank.com/investInfo.cfm

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought they were connected to Pulaski, just wasn't sure how.

No one here has apped for one of their cards?

Message 5 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

I saw three apps in a certain credit pulls database.   All 3 reported TU pulls, and were from 2008. CA/VA/MA locations.  Two got the card and one denied.  Scores for the approvals were low/mid 700s, and one with a 2005 BK13.  Denied app FICO was in the low 600s.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally helps...thank you so much!  I was really hoping for TU or EX pull 740-760 on those.
Message 7 of 12
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

VEEnVEGAS, did you end applying for this card?  I'm curious since I'm looking for a card with a low "fixed" APR.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Credit Union gave me 8.5% fixed, has no BT fees, no cash advance fees and they didn't take TARP money Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Romeoo47 wrote:
VEEnVEGAS, did you end applying for this card?  I'm curious since I'm looking for a card with a low "fixed" APR.

No, I never did app for it...I ended up apping and receiving a US Bank Visa instead, 7.9% variable.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.