Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical Comenity cards

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Identical Comenity cards

As many know Comenity gave me a Sportsmans Guide via SCT with no HP.

I proceeded to kick the Comenity bear in the nads repeatedly and came away unscathed.

However, I recently received a letter with a pre approval for the very same card.

I logged in to spend my $40 certificate for meeting minimum spend and the pre approval popped up again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I had the same thing happen with Lowe's a couple of months ago also, but didn't bite

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Identical Comenity cards

Lol, kick the bear in the nads repeatedly and no reaction is all and good, but problem is youve probably been messing with Mama bear . I suspect going for two would invite Papa bear and no amount of ninja skills would prevent a maulingSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, kick the bear in the nads repeatedly and no reaction is all and good, but problem is youve probably been messing with Mama bear . I suspect going for two would invite Papa bear and no amount of ninja skills would prevent a maulingSmiley Wink

Oh no no no.

I taint gonna do it, but I was just wondering.

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone on this forum have two of the same card from Comenity.

Just got me to thinking.

I am 99.9% sure they're going to shut down the one I have eventually.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 6
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Comenity is a very strange lender but they are not insane. The pre-approvals are probably the sales department being behind in the times since you just got the card. If you try to use it to get a second they will defiantly decline you since you just got one. As for the HP missing I would not be surprised if they just have not updated the records that they ran it at the bureau. You are lucky that you did not bite since this happens all the time at the credit companies. The underwriters will take several months to tell sales to not give you offers for stuff you already have.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

Comenity is a very strange lender but they are not insane. The pre-approvals are probably the sales department being behind in the times since you just got the card. If you try to use it to get a second they will defiantly decline you since you just got one. As for the HP missing I would not be surprised if they just have not updated the records that they ran it at the bureau. You are lucky that you did not bite since this happens all the time at the credit companies. The underwriters will take several months to tell sales to not give you offers for stuff you already have.

Comenity isn't the only issuer whose sales departments don't always seem to work in sync with the rest of the company. I kept getting Discover It pre-qual offers in my (paper) mailbox for several weeks after I had been approved for the card!

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Joe, before i got in with Disco, i received alot of mailers with invite codes and everything and still didnt get in to last time. I dont think the right hand even knows the left hand even existsSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.