Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification for Citi Forward Student App

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: Identity Verification for Citi Forward Student App

I couldn't find any exec office number lying around on the "internets", but I'm giving them until tomorrow morning. It's like unless, I'm on top of them nothing happens. I tripled verified that email address they provided, and it was spelled correctly and everything. They confirmed, yet since Thursday of last week no email has been found, which is ludicrous. I faxed my information on Saturday so hopefully within 72 hrs - 84 hrs they'll recieve that too (sarcasm). After waiting two months sending in different documents, I better be approved for that student card.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 11 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Hey, guys just reporting. I got approved for my second CC ever, I got the Citi Forward Student card with a $1,500 CL!!! You guys think I should've tried my luck and ask for a CLI to $2,000? Then again I have extremely limited credit history, the only other card I have is my first one by CapOne ($500 CL) that I got last month. So, I guess I should be grateful.

How long do you guys think, I'd have to wait to ask Citi for a CLI? 4 months? 6 months? Also, does Citi hard pull or soft pull requested CLI? Do they auto-CLI at a particular time? I know a lot of questions, but thanks guys for following me, and helping me out!!! Yay!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 12 of 17
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congratulations I was very happy when discover approved me after capone as well. Now I hate them lols. Wait 6 months and request cli, it may be hard it may be soft ymmv. Take care of it and enjoy the rewardsSmiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I don't have a Citi card so I dont know about CLI's...

Message 14 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Hey, guys just reporting. I got approved for my second CC ever, I got the Citi Forward Student card with a $1,500 CL!!! You guys think I should've tried my luck and ask for a CLI to $2,000? Then again I have extremely limited credit history, the only other card I have is my first one by CapOne ($500 CL) that I got last month. So, I guess I should be grateful.

How long do you guys think, I'd have to wait to ask Citi for a CLI? 4 months? 6 months? Also, does Citi hard pull or soft pull requested CLI? Do they auto-CLI at a particular time? I know a lot of questions, but thanks guys for following me, and helping me out!!! Yay!

Very happy to hear you were approved! especially after all that waiting.

Citi forward is gonna be one I go for after I finish my stint in the garden. 

Message 15 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, I refused to get a secured card even though I'm just establishing credit history. My next move is to apply for the credit union that my job is affiliated with here in NYC, and DCU to get that free EQ credit score monthly. Then garden for about six months ask for CLI, and look at getting a card with AMEX to start a history with them, and also a Walmart Card for the TU credit score monthly. Sounds like a good plan right? Lol. I've been doing my research on these boards. I love this website.

Message 16 of 17
steffiejoe
Contributor

Bumping

My daughter applied for a citibank student card and got the 7-10 day message. She called in and they told her they would be sending her a form for her to complete and return along with a copy of her SS card. We got the form and sent everything in over a week ago. 

Called in today and they have not recieved it yet. They say most student application require this, especially if they have a thin file.

She has had the Amex clear card (AU) almost 2 years and has $5000.00 in student loans on her credit report. Credit Karma score is 649.

She applied for the student discover card the same day and was instantly approved with $1000.00 limit. 

The CRS stated it could take up to a month . 

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.