Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentityMonitor® from Citi®

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IdentityMonitor® from Citi®

While the actual credit report will not show the change, so you would have to wait. However, the website will give you the details of the change, so it is not like you do not know what to expect on the next report.
Message 31 of 42
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

For $4.95, this certainly looks like it is worth trying.  

edit: took me a minute to figure out how to view all 3 reports side by side.

Very annoying that one account shows NO PAYMENT HISTORY for EX, but the other 2 CRAs show all green.

Message Edited by VistaV on 03-13-2008 08:50 AM
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 32 of 42
krdvg

Has anybody been able to register for 4.95$ ? I got an error saying that details could not be verified and was presented a cancel or proceed button. Proceed leading to them sending me docs through snail mail and also charging shipping. Any idea whats the problem? BTW, I was just trying random codes in that link and found this, http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/index.aspx?source=IMN00186
Message 33 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've had the service for 2 weeks or so. It's really different. A LOT of things I like about the reporting format. Some I'm not so hot on.

The credit analyzer is awesome. I LOVE their FAKO scores. LOLOL. It's really flattering. I'm nearing the mid 700's across the board. CreditXpert? Never heard of them.

It takes some getting used to. I hate being forced to get used to new things, but that's life. Love the side by side comparison. It alerts fairly quickly.

I'll keep both cms's for a couple of months then decide.
Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm amazed at all the praise this piece of dung is receiving! I signed up on Friday and got a message that I could not access my report because they needed "additional information." Nonetheless, they still charged me TWICE.

I called the number I was given. I verified my identity to no less than four different people, none of whom seemed to understand what  I was telling them. I was told the following divergent timelines:

"You can access it in 24 hours." "You can access it in 24-48 hours."  "You can access it in 72 hours."

So, I ask Ms. 72 Hours if that meant that on Monday I could get this fixed, and was assured that this was correct.

Note that I had to call BACK in because at the end of my first bizarre loop of reps., I was told that I had to start from the beginning, call the toll free number and press "Option One," which was where the nightmare had already begun the first time I called.

Just got off the phone of Round Three of my personal Hellish Experience. Once again, I was transferred about like a ping-pong ball.  The first yahoo asked me SIX TIMES, "So, you were charged twice?" Finally, he updated the timeline for me. Get this:  "You just ordered this on May 30," as if this was new information. "Yes, that's what I told you five times. Friday WAS May 30."  He continues, "Well, I spoke with our web support department. You will be able to access your account on" (brace yourselves) "June 25."  I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I said, "Well, here's how it's going to go:  You are going to cancel this account and refund BOTH charges."

Naturally, off to the billing department I went. I FINALLY spoke with a person who understood the problem. After going through eight different reps. over two days, I finally found an intelligent human being. She said that waiting until 6/25 was "absurd" (of course, I already knew this) and offered to transfer me to a supervisor.

Instead, I ended up with yet another middle-woman who couldn't help, but wanted  to verify my identity for the seventh time. She then told me that I could access my report in "7-10 business days." Then, she offered to transfer me yet again. Here is the gist of my tirade:

"I have now verified my social, address, phone number and name to seven different people. I'm not doing it again. I thought YOU were a supervisor. When I signed up for this, your website said I would have immediate access to my report. The confirmation email said I could 'now' access my report. I don't know what 'now' means to you people, but I've heard definitions ranging from 24 hours, to 24-48 hours, to 72 hours, to one month and NOW you add 7-10 business days to the never-ending list of bizarre definitions for the relatively simple word 'now.' Here in the real world now means immediately. Apparently, in your company it means 'at our discretion.' I will not re-verify my information and I don't want to go through this with yet another person and pick up yet another ridiculous defintion of the term. I'm done. I want to cancel and I want BOTH charges reversed."

She then told me (in response to my observation that waiting until June 25 was ridiculous) "Well, you have a thirty day free trial period." I said, "No, I don't. IF I can access my report on June 25, and I have very little hope that this is possible, that would be a FIVE day period. But even SO, I've already been charged not once, but TWICE, so in what alternate universe do I have a 30 day free trial period, because it isn't happening here in the Milky Way Galaxy? I want to cancel this product and get off this not-so-merry-go-round."

Naturally, that's another department. She ended the call with the same contradictory slogan they all used "We appreciate your business." I just hung up without replying. I can't even PRETEND to be civil to these imbeciles anymore. I'm going to wait until tomorrow, when the impulse to drive my car into a brick wall finally subsides, call back and try yet again to cancel this thing.
Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IdentityMonitor® from Citi® - SCAM!

Watch out!!! I signed up for a Citi card and the check box for the protection was automatically checked. Sooooo I've been charged nearly $9 a month since I opened the account. Then, when I asked for my money back because I don't need this service they declined.

CITI - you know you are scamming everyone in to buying this useless protection!! Please stop and allow the person applying for the card to check the box themselves....

Message 36 of 42
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Watch out!!! I signed up for a Citi card and the check box for the protection was automatically checked. Sooooo I've been charged nearly $9 a month since I opened the account. Then, when I asked for my money back because I don't need this service they declined.

CITI - you know you are scamming everyone in to buying this useless protection!! Please stop and allow the person applying for the card to check the box themselves....

In OP's case, she talking about the credit monitoring service called Citi IdentityMonitor. This is a different and separate issue from what you experienced.

Definitely these credit protection plans that cover your account in cases of disability, job loss, etc., are a scam. The price is high and you can easily get a cheaper policy via long-term disability or other insurance products. Multiply $9 times a dozen or so cards and it adds up quickly. And even then, from my understanding, you run the risk of lates reporting despite their protection.

Message 37 of 42
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@krdvg wrote:
Has anybody been able to register for 4.95$ ? I got an error saying that details could not be verified and was presented a cancel or proceed button. Proceed leading to them sending me docs through snail mail and also charging shipping. Any idea whats the problem? BTW, I was just trying random codes in that link and found this, http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/index.aspx?source=IMN00186

I've been on the $4.95 plan for almost 2 years now. For that price, nothing can beat it! However, I wish the AmEx one was just as affordable. 

Message 38 of 42
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A 2008 thread...

I'm amazed that the service still exists, considering how often these things appear, morph, and disappear!  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 42
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

How is the service besides a lot of people seem to like the price.. lol.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.