cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

There's several places to buy accessories for Vitamix blenders.  WS is way too expensive IMO.  There are certain retail establishments you only visit occassionally, mostly because of price.  This is why I choose not to have a credit card from these places.  You'd be better off Googling what you want and using a card you already have to buy it with.  Not mention those Comenity APRs.

BTW, I have a Vitamix from Williams-Sonoma.  $530 blender isn't usually the way I spend my money.  Would never do it again.

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hex wrote:
Saeren you’ve had a great recent run. You’re much braver than I am and it’s paid off. Please consider quitting (pausing) while you are ahead. I hope the penicillin isn’t fogging up your thinking! Smiley Happy

2 more new accounts today, one pending. I think I’m done though because one of the new cards was a Disco IT Miles and I’ll want to put as much there as possible to max that 3% cash back. 

Amoxicillin is long gone, mild mania might be an issue though. Smiley Wink

Regardless, thanks to this thread and Fin in particular, I am leaving Comenity alone and got a Citi Rewards+ instead. Basically will end up having my new blender pitcher be free. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There's several places to buy accessories for Vitamix blenders.  WS is way too expensive IMO.  There are certain retail establishments you only visit occassionally, mostly because of price.  This is why I choose not to have a credit card from these places.  You'd be better off Googling what you want and using a card you already have to buy it with.  Not mention those Comenity APRs.

BTW, I have a Vitamix from Williams-Sonoma.  $530 blender isn't usually the way I spend my money.  Would never do it again.

I use my Vitamix literally every day and it’s been rock solid since I got it in 2014. I don’t regret the $700 purchase of my Pro 750 one bit lol. 

But I agree, I would normally never buy anything from WS. The appeal was the 20% off which makes the 32oz container cheaper than anywhere else. Vitamix controls the pricing very tightly and if there was somewhere that was significantly cheaper, I would be concerned it’s a knock off. 

Message 23 of 37
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@howellco2 wrote:
I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them

But did you use the card when you got approved for it?

Message 25 of 37
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@howellco2 wrote:

Pretty certain the post said Comenity closed it before the plastic arrived. No time to use it.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 26 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't think using or not using the card makes any difference. Comenity's algorithim tends to just shut down the account regardless.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@howellco2 wrote:

Pretty certain the post said Comenity closed it before the plastic arrived. No time to use it.

You can quite often use these cards when you get approved for them before receiving them, hence the shopping cart trick, so it's a relevant question regardless. 

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't think using or not using the card makes any difference. Comenity's algorithim tends to just shut down the account regardless.

I am not sure either way which is why I made the thread to collect DPs but so far there hasn't been much participation either way. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol it’s all good, we all derail threads. I know I’m certainly guilty of it. Smiley Wink

Time for court on "thread jacking" and 'how do you plead' ... Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.