cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

I mean, one thing to consider and for all we know, you *could* be ok. Is there a risk? Absolutely. It just depends on your risk tolerance.

Personally, I want the IKEA Visa and I've also considered the WS as well (thanks @CreditCuriosity 😁). But, given I've just added a few new accounts in the past 24-72 hours, that wish sailed away and I'm ok with that. I'd rather wait (whatever it takes) than risk having AA on all my existing Comenity accounts 😉

Having accounts closed by the lender is really no big whoop honestly. I understand the cosmetic aspect of what a CR might display and I get it's a matter of preference, but with as many accounts as I have (or had), it's never come up in the 30+ manual reviews or conversations that I've dealt with UW including the strictest of lenders.
Message 11 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wouldn’t push your luck with the multiple new accounts. You need to stop applying for awhile. Pursue an unrelated hobby etc. you don’t want to see AA from Comenity or anyone else. I do think you’d be at some risk if you applied now.
Message 12 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, given the recent approvals and his overall profile + income, he's done pretty good. If this is one of his hobbies, so be it.

To add, it is highly doubtful he'll experience AA from any other lenders in his signature.
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for discouraging me @FinStar! I never would have tried Citi. I thought for sure that their 6/6 rule would kill me on a double pull since EX alone has 6/6. 

Yeah, no need to deal with Comenity now. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Actually, given the recent approvals and his overall profile + income, he's done pretty good. If this is one of his hobbies, so be it.

To add, it is highly doubtful he'll experience AA from any other lenders in his signature.

Agree his current lenders are probably fine. I just meant if applying for a Comenity card after multiple new inquiries/accounts....that can be a risk.

At the end of the day though, if it's worth the risk, go for it. Worst case scenario the card is shut down and you are at the same place you were before you got the card, except a HP and AAoA ding. If you can live with that risk go for it.

Message 15 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you are collecting , i think it would be cool if one had AA from Citi, Sir Barclays and then from ComenitySmiley Wink. 😄
Message 16 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
I mean, one thing to consider and for all we know, you *could* be ok. Is there a risk? Absolutely. It just depends on your risk tolerance.

Personally, I want the IKEA Visa and I've also considered the WS as well (thanks @CreditCuriosity 😁). But, given I've just added a few new accounts in the past 24-72 hours, that wish sailed away and I'm ok with that. I'd rather wait (whatever it takes) than risk having AA on all my existing Comenity accounts 😉

Having accounts closed by the lender is really no big whoop honestly. I understand the cosmetic aspect of what a CR might display and I get it's a matter of preference, but with as many accounts as I have (or had), it's never come up in the 30+ manual reviews or conversations that I've dealt with UW including the strictest of lenders.

I went looking for threads and jeopardized my most excellent gardening skills in Approvals for nothing ☹

Message 17 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I went looking for threads and jeopardized my most excellent gardening skills in Approvals for nothing ☹

LMAO Smiley Very Happy  They'll be posted soon.  You caught me in the middle of the MF trucks clean up Smiley Tongue 

Sorry @Anonymous for the the thread hijack 

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol it’s all good, we all derail threads. I know I’m certainly guilty of it. Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 37
Hex
Valued Contributor

Saeren you’ve had a great recent run. You’re much braver than I am and it’s paid off. Please consider quitting (pausing) while you are ahead. I hope the penicillin isn’t fogging up your thinking! Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.