cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Member

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

There's several places to buy accessories for Vitamix blenders.  WS is way too expensive IMO.  There are certain retail establishments you only visit occassionally, mostly because of price.  This is why I choose not to have a credit card from these places.  You'd be better off Googling what you want and using a card you already have to buy it with.  Not mention those Comenity APRs.

 

BTW, I have a Vitamix from Williams-Sonoma.  $530 blender isn't usually the way I spend my money.  Would never do it again.

Message 21 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@Hex wrote:
Saeren you’ve had a great recent run. You’re much braver than I am and it’s paid off. Please consider quitting (pausing) while you are ahead. I hope the penicillin isn’t fogging up your thinking! Smiley Happy

2 more new accounts today, one pending. I think I’m done though because one of the new cards was a Disco IT Miles and I’ll want to put as much there as possible to max that 3% cash back. 

 

Amoxicillin is long gone, mild mania might be an issue though. Smiley Wink

 

Regardless, thanks to this thread and Fin in particular, I am leaving Comenity alone and got a Citi Rewards+ instead. Basically will end up having my new blender pitcher be free. Smiley Happy


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 22 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@GirlGeorge wrote:

There's several places to buy accessories for Vitamix blenders.  WS is way too expensive IMO.  There are certain retail establishments you only visit occassionally, mostly because of price.  This is why I choose not to have a credit card from these places.  You'd be better off Googling what you want and using a card you already have to buy it with.  Not mention those Comenity APRs.

 

BTW, I have a Vitamix from Williams-Sonoma.  $530 blender isn't usually the way I spend my money.  Would never do it again.


I use my Vitamix literally every day and it’s been rock solid since I got it in 2014. I don’t regret the $700 purchase of my Pro 750 one bit lol. 

 

But I agree, I would normally never buy anything from WS. The appeal was the 20% off which makes the 32oz container cheaper than anywhere else. Vitamix controls the pricing very tightly and if there was somewhere that was significantly cheaper, I would be concerned it’s a knock off. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 23 of 37
Frequent Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them



MAJOR BANK CARDS


Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BBT Travel 4500, BBVA 6900,
CAP1QS 2600, DIscover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500
Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS Dcu 2k , Robbins 10k ,united1st 5k
STORE CARDSAmazon 10k , HomeDepot 5k , Pay pal 4k , Wal mart 6k ,Lowes 12k


Message 24 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@howellco2 wrote:
I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them

But did you use the card when you got approved for it?


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 25 of 37
Established Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@Saeren wrote:

@howellco2 wrote:
I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them

But did you use the card when you got approved for it?


Pretty certain the post said Comenity closed it before the plastic arrived. No time to use it.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 26 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...

I don't think using or not using the card makes any difference. Comenity's algorithim tends to just shut down the account regardless.

Message 27 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@zerofire wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@howellco2 wrote:
I got a Coldcreek mastercard from the SCT a few years ago 1k limit a week later the card came in the mail I tried to activate it and it failed I called in and was told the card would not activate because they decided to close it ... It still popped up on my CR as a new account but said closed by them

But did you use the card when you got approved for it?


Pretty certain the post said Comenity closed it before the plastic arrived. No time to use it.


You can quite often use these cards when you get approved for them before receiving them, hence the shopping cart trick, so it's a relevant question regardless. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 28 of 37
Super Contributor

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't think using or not using the card makes any difference. Comenity's algorithim tends to just shut down the account regardless.


I am not sure either way which is why I made the thread to collect DPs but so far there hasn't been much participation either way. 🤷‍♂️ 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 29 of 37
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If Comenity shut your brand new card down...


@Saeren wrote:
Lol it’s all good, we all derail threads. I know I’m certainly guilty of it. Smiley Wink

Time for court on "thread jacking" and 'how do you plead' ... Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.