Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I make a return does it count as cc activity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I make a return does it count as cc activity

I purchased something at Louis Vuitton in Neiman Marcus. I paid 50-50 with my Neiman Marcus charge card and my Bergdorf Goodman card. Both of these have not seen any activity for a while and I was concerned they might be shut down due to inactivity. However, I am not happy with my purchase as the item is flawed and I need to return it, I'm just wondering if I purchase and return within the same billing cycle still counts as credit card activity and will this help make sure that these cards stay active, even though the item is returned & the amount is refunded m? 

5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: If I make a return does it count as cc activity

Well you made the transactions. So the computer knows there was some activity. Returned or not. But do it again on your next LV purchase which you wont pass up. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

A charge is a charge so yes it'll count as activity even if the item is returned. I wouldn't make a habit of buying and returning just for card activity as it may start to get the attention of the store.
Message 3 of 6
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I remember somebody said even if you replace the card, it counts as a activity? But I do have a card, almost a year of no use. Should I just use it to by something like a bag for 10c?

Message 4 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@FireMedic1  👋 Good to see you stopping by. 😊

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks wrote:

I remember somebody said even if you replace the card, it counts as a activity? But I do have a card, almost a year of no use. Should I just use it to by something like a bag for 10c?

Replacing a card doesn't count as activity @TheBoondocks. In a variety of cases, and depending on the lender or card type, they could extend the expiration date and/or change CVV, but if the account isn't used for a prolonged period, it can still be closed.

A transaction on the card certainly counts, though.  If it's a major CC, Amazon reloads is an option.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.