Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If u had to choose two of these cards

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: If u had to choose two of these cards

@Steelersboy wrote:

If I may ask, how do u all feel about citi and their line of cards?

There isn't that much excitement here about Citi.  

IMO: Citi's AA cards are good because you can get many of them and earn lots of AA points. 

City Simplicity is good for balance transfers for an extended period (but also consider Chase Slate). 

Citi Forward is/was good, but is no longer available to non-students. 

Citi Prestige might be good for a fairly small group.

Others are average or below.

One thing that does excite some people is that Citi is willing to make free certain cards WE MC. 

Message 11 of 52
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I have the Freedom and Discover IT. They are my 2 workhorse cards. But sometimes the categories overlap. 

With that said, i want to upgrade to the CSP and AMEX BCP combo. While still keeping the Chase Freedom to complete the trifecta with Chase (i have a checking acct)

I say if u have a chase checking account get the Freedom or CSP and combine with a Discover IT or a Amex BCE

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 12 of 52
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I'll take CSP & Freedom for 5k...Smiley Tongue LOL

I second this. Although the CSP has an annual fee, combining the UR points, transferring them to a multitude of different travel partners, 7% point dividend, and many other features negate the AF. It's probably one of the best card combos out there. Smiley Happy

+1

The best around thus far can't be beat for a 1-2 punch

This seems to be a very common view, but no idea why people think that.   The Freedom can certainly earn points quicker than the CSP, but it maxes out in its rotating categories at 30K a year, if you can max out every quarter. And comes with a 10K bonus.  Ink Bold, for example, albeit with an AF, has a 50K bonus and can earn up to 250K in its 5x categories, and another 100K in the 2x.   Now, not for everybody, but surely that gives Freedom decent competition (and then you can drop the CSP!)

I totally agree but INK is a business card and not everyone meets the requirements for approval without proving they have a legit business and Chase has gotten tougher on checking those facts....

Plus INK wasn't on OP's list ....Lol

Thus Freedom and CSP IMHO based on OP's question

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 52
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

I would say Discover and US Bank Cash+ (with categories on stuff you don't already have). BCE is not really useful for you because the rewards are nearly identical to your BOA cash rewards.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 14 of 52
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

how about wells fargo? anybody ever dealt with them?

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 15 of 52
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:

I like the Chase Freedom but my best card is Both of my BOA cards. BOA are real generous when it comes to increases. I started out at 1500 and within 3 tmohns I was at 10,000.

oh wow did u go the luv button route?

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 16 of 52
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@mmyjourney wrote:

I totally agree but INK is a business card and not everyone meets the requirements for approval without proving they have a legit business and Chase has gotten tougher on checking those facts....

Neither was CSP. Smiley Wink But yes, a mini Ink for personal use would be really nice!

Message 17 of 52
myjourney
Super Contributor

@too-much-time wrote:

@mmyjourney wrote:

Neither was CSP. Smiley Wink But yes, a mini Ink for personal use would be really nice!

Actually I assumed OP meant CSP which could have been my mistake not many people want the regular CS....good point tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

how about wells fargo? anybody ever dealt with them?

Wells Fargo generates less excitement than Citi!   Basically they haven't been particularly active in the credit card market, although there have been rumors that that is about to change.  Most of their cards are very average indeed.

They do have a set of cards of interest to a minority of us: cards that offer 5% uncapped for 6 months. These are suitable only for short-term gain, then revert to being plain 1% cards (and there's no reason to accept 1% cash back these days).

Message 19 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

@mmyjourney wrote:

Actually I assumed OP meant CSP which could have been my mistake not many people want the regular CS....good point tho

Right, OPs list was those without AF, so CS rather than CSP and BCE rather the BCP.

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.