cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immigrant student denied for chase freedom after having account with them for 6 months

tag
meeet
New Visitor

Immigrant student denied for chase freedom after having account with them for 6 months

Hi,

I am an Immigrant so I don't have any credit history Its 6 months now since I had an checking account with chase so I decided to apply for chase freedom and after applying called backdoor number next day they denied my application because of no credit history and I got a letter showing the reason Not enough accounts opened to establish a credit history

I have a job which deposites the check to my chase account by direct diposit.what should i do should i call them back or should i wait on it?

Please help .............................

I am pissed off at chase because chase gets money of my pay cheque even before i get it but then also they cant approve me after 6 months of relationship Man Embarassed and worst thing is they don't have student's CC 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Re: Immigrant student denied for chase freedom after having account with them for 6 months

I don't know of anyone that got a Freedom as their first card ever. I'm sure there are some examples but there are probably very few of them.

I'd go for a student card in another few months, possibly the Bank of America 3-2-1 or the Discover It.

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 2 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Immigrant student denied for chase freedom after having account with them for 6 months

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

I don't know of anyone that got a Freedom as their first card ever. I'm sure there are some examples but there are probably very few of them.

I'd go for a student card in another few months, possibly the Bank of America 3-2-1 or the Discover It.

+1 

I been a Chase Checking Customer since 2008 but it took me a full year of Credit history to get a Chase Freedom card myself 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 19
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Bank relationship might help when you have a good amount of money and then they might approve you for a $500-$1000 CL and besides 6 months of relationship isn't that long.....You should try other lenders first who are more flexible with people like you who dont have credit or very little credit..

Message 4 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Capital one might be a good place to start

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 19
IamB2
Established Contributor

@meeet wrote:

Hi,

I am an Immigrant so I don't have any credit history Its 6 months now since I had an checking account with chase so I decided to apply for chase freedom and after applying called backdoor number next day they denied my application because of no credit history and I got a letter showing the reason Not enough accounts opened to establish a credit history

I have a job which deposites the check to my chase account by direct diposit.what should i do should i call them back or should i wait on it?

I am pissed off at chase because chase gets money of my pay cheque even before i get it but then also they cant approve me after 6 months of relationship Man Embarassed and worst thing is they don't have student's CC 

Hello and welcome to the forum,

From your post, it looks like Chase didn't approve you because of no Credit History / Not enough accounts opened to establish a credit history. This is completely different from your checking account. Looks like you have no other credit cards and Chase will not issue credit to those who do not have any credit history.

You may have a checking account with Chase, but that is not considered a credit account. Those are two different things. In their reasoning, Chase stated that you have not established a credit history... So, with that said, I would maybe apply for another card first, such as Capital One, Discover IT or Barclays. Have those for at least 6 months and then you can apply for Chase Freedom once again.

Hope that helps

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 6 of 19
ecocredit
New Contributor

@meeet wrote:

Hi,

Immigrant or not - you got to play by the rules. You need to get more credit history. Start off with a secured card if nothing else pans out.

Message 7 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Did you have a credit history in your previous country?  In particular, did you have an Amex card there?  If so, their global transfer program can help

Message 8 of 19
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I was one of the many that tried and failed to get a Freedom as my first card. They like to see some history first.

Message 9 of 19
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Capital one might be a good place to start

+1

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.