cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imp. Info Re: Multiple Chase Apps (as per underwriter)

tag
LilNYC
New Contributor

Imp. Info Re: Multiple Chase Apps (as per underwriter)

Just got off the phone with a Chase Business underwriter who gave me some very useful info. If you apply for more than 1 Chase CC within a 2 week period it will only count as 1 hard inquiry. Granted, you can't apply for 2 personal cards in that period but you could apply for 1 personal card & 1 biz card & it will only show up on your report as 1 inquiry. 2 weeks is pretty generous.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Imp. Info Re: Multiple Chase Apps (as per underwriter)

that's good info.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 5
LilNYC
New Contributor

Also, the underwriter said that there's a chance the 2nd app would be rejected initially for applying for 2 products in a short span of time; but just call in & ask them to recon. (I think most ppl know that part already but figured I'd put it out there anyway.)

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

Message 3 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

This happened to me but with two personal cc. I apped for chase amazon and was instantly approved (granted they pulled both EX and EQ). I applied for chase freedom a couple days later and got the 5-7 day message. Target didn't pull any new reports. I contacted UW and was able to get freedom cc as well without a new pull. There was about 4 days between my amazon and freedom apps. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
LilNYC
New Contributor

I sort of got the impression that the underwriter didn't want to give me the "14 day" tip. She asked me when I applied for the CSP & I told her today. She said ok, if you apply tonight on chase.com for the Ink it will only result in 1 HP. I told her that my branch is offering a better offer than chase.com but they close in a few minutes. She said don't worry if you apply tom. it will still show up as only 1 HP. I was like, "oh, you have 24 hrs.?" At that pt., she hestitaed for a second & said, "um, actually you have 2 weeks." Not sure if I just released some secret Chase policy but whatever. Just trying to pay it fwd to all those who've shared on this forum & helped me out in the past. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.