cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Any Race...Someone Has to be Last.

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: In Any Race..Someone Has to be Last.

I would have to say the first premier pre approved offer that I very hesitantly passed up on. 36% interest 175 af and no grace period....It was a tough one but I managed to throw it away and mail the blank envelope back to them.

Message 21 of 31
askme3012
New Contributor

Re: In Any Race..Someone Has to be Last.

Its US Bank for me.

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 22 of 31
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Re: In Any Race...Someone Has to be Last.

Discover is definitely in last place for me. Love the features, but that $500 CL is really stretching it. Would love for it to be at least $1k. One month I ran almost $1500 through it (paying it off as items clear). Would've done over $2k on it but one of the items was over its CL ($599)! 

There's still 0% promo left on it. I carried a very tiny balance the beginning month or two but have always PIF since then. Denied for a CLI awhile ago citing a few reasons (mostly just short AAOA and high INQs I think). Will have to take a closer look at that and contemplate another request. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 23 of 31
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

Capital One secured card, $200 limit and no rewards and has an af so I don't use it any more but it did help me build credit so it served it's purpose.

Other than that, it would have to be my Loft and Express store cards bc I rarely shop at either of those stores (used shopping cart trick to get them).

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 24 of 31
NotUsher
Contributor

My lowest CL is tied between Pottery Barn (don't currently need any housewares, so it's basically in the SD) and my Fidelity Amex, which seems funny. I've been debating asking for a CLI from FIA, but with the recent addition of Cash+ and Sallie Mae to my portfolio, there's not too much spending making it's way to the Fidelity card right now - maybe a few hundred a month in non-5% categories. My plan is to hold out until the one year mark to see if they do any auto-CLI.

Message 25 of 31
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Ironically enough, my CSP comes in last by a large margin.

It fits my spending habits though, since my UA Club card got ~73% of my annual spend last year. CSP was a very distant 2nd at ~20%.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Capital One QuickSilver One with a low $800.00 limit and a $59.00 membership fee (former Orchard).  I'm waiting for a call back from the EO now to see if it gets to survive or not.

Then there is this stupid Comenity MyPoints Visa card.  $250.00 limit?!?  wow.  It will be closed soon also I'm sure.  I am going to wait 4 months and give the luv button one chance before I close it.  I would NEVER have accepted the offer had I known what the limit would be.

Message 27 of 31
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Its a 500 amex for me.. sits in my gun safe

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 28 of 31
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

Just like in any race, your CC portfolio has to have a loser, in terms of CL's. I just never imagined that it wouldn't be Walmart, Amazon or PPSC...it's Discover for me...Smiley Frustrated! Yes, in actuality my loser is Target, but I don't even count that nag...lol! Who's running behind in your race? Thanks as always for any comments.

You had to rub it in with Target, didn't you?  If it weren't that I actually shop at Target, that card would be useless to me. I enjoy the 5% and free shipping offers, even if I have to pay it like it's almost a debit card.

My loser cards change periodically. Sometimes I just grow tired of them, they lose their luster, but I tend to keep them in the portfolio just in case they someday have something great to offer. 

I just got rid of the Chase Flexible Rewards that was a loser for me, and showed no sign of improving or becoming useful. Right now the Chase Slate doesn't have much use since I've paid off any credit cards that I was paying interest on other than promotional offers...  but I may need the Slate someday, so it will stay.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 29 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred for me.  No rewards (except for Easy Deals, which is not very good), average APR, lower CL.  It's a better BT card than anything else.  

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.