Scumbag collection agency
PO Box 3427
Bloomington, IL 61702
July 9, 2007
Re: your name and account number
To whom it may concern:
In an attempt to validate this debt, I must demand proof of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such proof, you must correct any erroneous reports on my Trans Union, Experian, and Equifax credit reports of this past debt as mine.
I must ask you to provide the following information:
1. Please evidence your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter.
2. What is your authorization of law for your collection of information?
3. What is your authorization of law for your collection of this alleged debt?
4. Please evidence your authorization to do business or operate in this city and state.
5. Please evidence proof of the alleged debt, including specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature.
6. Please provide a complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments from me, and my bank, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity. In short, any and all documentation pertaining to all accounts you hold in my name.
7. Date on record in which I closed this account.
You have thirty (30) days from receipt of this notice to respond. Your failure to respond, on point, in writing, hand signed, and in a timely manner, will work as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter and that this matter is permanently closed. Provide the proof, or correct the record and remove this invalid debt from all sources to which you may have reported it to.
For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence
should further action be necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.
At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:
Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Defamation of Character
.... Also, please don't forget to send it certified, return receipt requested!!!