cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your best year how many credit cards did you score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In your best year how many credit cards did you score?

Brutalbodyshots that’s an awesome way to look at it also!!!
Quality vs quantity could have been a post as well!
Message 31 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve had 10 approved Credit cards this year so I’ll say this year has been my best year in terms of approvals.

Nice Mr Sauve!!

Message 32 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2017 - NFCU CLOC & Cash Rewards and PenFed Cash Rewards. $5k combined starting limits increased to a combined $43,500 roughly 3 months later.

That’s great!!!
Congrats to you!!

Message 33 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s great!!!
Congrats to you!!
Just a tip, when you reply to a specific post, you have to hit the tab "Quote" on the upper right corner of the reply box so people can see who you're replying to.
Message 34 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

From September 2016 through September 2017, I opened 13 cards. For 23 years prior to that, I had one card. I went a little nuts when I started learning about sign-up bonuses, churning, etc. Those 13 cards pretty much paid for 3 people to fly round-trip to Orlando and stay at Disney's flagship resort for three nights during the week leading up to Christmas 2017. It was a glorious trip, and so worth the app-o-rama of 2016-2017. 

Message 35 of 74
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I think 7 is the best for  me in a single year. Scores in the 720-750 range

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 36 of 74
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I picked up about 8 last year.  Slowed down this year though..Only picked up 4Smiley Happy

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 37 of 74
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

This year.... Big year for me and will be my biggest year ever in terms of amount of accounts open...9 Total..

AMEX PRG
NFCU CASH REWARDS
NFCU CLOC
PENFED PROMISE
PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS
BARCLAYS UBER VISA
CHASE FREEDOM
PAYPAL 2%
AMAZON STORE CARD

There's no way I can top this year because I only want a few more cards for my arensal Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My best year is this year at 0 cards which has done wonders for my scores and profile, might add a 2nd Discover for another round of cashback match but not in a terrible rush.

+1...I have 5 cards and one charge card and I have no plans to get a new one ever.  My cards started off with a combine total of $63K in trade lines and through almost all soft pull requests (1 hard pull from BOA before they changed their policy), my limits have grown to $160K. I don't think I'll need anymore credit lines than what I have now.  It's nice to watch my profile improve and my score increase.  Cracked 815 on all 3 bureaus!  So proud of myself!

You should be proud, that is an amazing journey! I unfortunately did not start that way and made mistakes that could have been dealt with differerently. When i hear that there are young people out there with a clear understanding of how to handle money and credit I am thrilled bc I never was taught that. But thank goodness for 2nd chances. 815 wow that is certainly something I will go for. I admire your tenacity and you should be proud of yourself, JOB WELL DONE!!

Message 39 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While it may go against the grain of this thread and the overall thread title, I think it's important to consider quality over quantity.  The thread title suggests we're just talking quantity (sheer number of cards) but I think quality should also be a consideration.  One measure of quality could be combined credit limits.

Rupert may be approved for 10 cards in 1 year with combined total limits of $10k, meaning that his approvals averaged $1k apiece.

Cornelius me only be approved for 4 cards in 1 year, but his combined total limits are $50k.  Thus, his average approval was $12,500.

Who above had the "better" year?  Either answer can be argued.  I just offer this different perspective on the discussion.

For me, bonus value (less AFs paid or whatever) would be a better metric.

I'd have little interest in 10 $1k store cards...but 10 $10k CU cards that give me a small bonus plus 1.5% cash or whatever would also be pretty unappealing (compared to 5 50k or 100k offers).

And I would want to take into account something like "added value", so even with a small or no SUB, getting a card that gives 5% in a major spend category to replace one that pays 2% might be more valuable than several SUB-only cards.     But then this metric would be biased towards those that start with bad cards (so having FP or Credit One, something like the Quicksilver would be a big added value!)

Agreed I started with Credit One $300 and secured BOA $500 within 1 yr was able to acquire a CP 1 $1k and another Credit One mastercard $1k and BOA did a PC into a non secure card. I worked on improving scores and slowly added other cards. Not till summer of this year did I start to watch videos like AskShebby and Credit SFU did I start learning about cards that add value and give you rewards. Adding a card just add a card to some may be fine but to me adding a card that will give me added value was definitely better for my lifestyle.

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.