cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your best year how many credit cards did you score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In your best year how many credit cards did you score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious to see how many credit cards you have been approved for in one year. Mine so far in 2018 is 7. My credit scores were in the fair/good category 650 to 707.  What was your best year, how many and what were your scores?

Thx for sharing

Overall, since December 2015 I've obtained 13 cards. Last year (2017) was my most active; I got 7 cards with scores ranging from the 620's to the 690's depending on CRA. This year I've gotten 5 with scores in the 660-700 range, and closed or combined 2 cards, bringing my current total to 11. I plan to combine my two Discovers by next spring depending on CLI availability and still might close my Overstock depending on, among other things, how well I can grow my other, lower-APR cards.

Message 61 of 74
marypoppins70
New Contributor

Started actively apping in Feb 2017, although at that point I had many existing cards totaling $78,100 in CLs.  In 2017 I added 19 cards with $169,200 in CLs and so far in 2018 I added 11 cards with $83,000 in CLs.  I am well into the garden for quite awhile now after Barclays (cards I've had for nearly 10+ years) AA and balance chased my three cards with them. Yes I know I spooked them...Smiley Wink

Message 62 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marypoppins70 wrote:

Started actively apping in Feb 2017, although at that point I had many existing cards totaling $78,100 in CLs.  In 2017 I added 19 cards with $169,200 in CLs and so far in 2018 I added 11 cards with $83,000 in CLs.  I am well into the garden for quite awhile now after Barclays (cards I've had for nearly 10+ years) AA and balance chased my three cards with them. Yes I know I spooked them...Smiley Wink

Holy smokes!! You did really, really good!! Those credit lines are stupendous!!!

I remember I moved to Florida when I was young and my car was stolen. My parents flew down and actually bought me a car using a Chase card. Back then for cl's to be in the $8k range was a big deal. Have you ever made a very large purchase like that?

Message 63 of 74
marypoppins70
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@marypoppins70 wrote:

Holy smokes!! You did really, really good!! Those credit lines are stupendous!!!

I remember I moved to Florida when I was young and my car was stolen. My parents flew down and actually bought me a car using a Chase card. Back then for cl's to be in the $8k range was a big deal. Have you ever made a very large purchase like that?

Yeah it's crazy! And when I started this a year and a half ago my scores were in the low 700s - right now they are Equ 763, TU 717 (still have an old, old collection lurking), and Exp 764 - It's funny, I have several cards with $20,000-25,000 CLs but I'm so afraid to use more than 12% uti on any one card! I fully expect Chase to lower my CL on my CSP and Mileage Plus because I never charge them up...

Message 64 of 74
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

It was 1974, I was 18 and scored a Chevron gas/service card. That was my best year. All downhill from there. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious to see how many credit cards you have been approved for in one year. Mine so far in 2018 is 7. My credit scores were in the fair/good category 650 to 707.  What was your best year, how many and what were your scores?

Thx for sharing

Message 65 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s great!!!
Congrats to you!!
Just a tip, when you reply to a specific post, you have to hit the tab "Quote" on the upper right corner of the reply box so people can see who you're replying to.

Yes I realized that but for some reason on my iphone when i hit reply I don't see quote button like when on my laptop!

@Anonymous, while on a mobile device you'll need to request the desktop version of the site (in your mobile browser) to be able to quote.  Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx for sharing

This year is thus far my best year! I got approved for 3:

• Chase: United MileagePlus Explorer [July]
  • AMEX: Cash Magnet [Yesterday]
  • AMEX: Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury [Today]

All three looked at my EX report. My EX score in July was around 651, and it is now 676 (and rising! Smiley Very Happy).

Message 67 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s great!!!
Congrats to you!!
Just a tip, when you reply to a specific post, you have to hit the tab "Quote" on the upper right corner of the reply box so people can see who you're replying to.

Yes I realized that but for some reason on my iphone when i hit reply I don't see quote button like when on my laptop!

@Anonymous, while on a mobile device you'll need to request the desktop version of the site (in your mobile browser) to be able to quote.  Smiley Wink

Thx for the tip UncleB!

Message 68 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx for sharing

This year is thus far my best year! I got approved for 3:

• Chase: United MileagePlus Explorer [July]
  • AMEX: Cash Magnet [Yesterday]
  • AMEX: Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury [Today]

All three looked at my EX report. My EX score in July was around 651, and it is now 676 (and rising! Smiley Very Happy).

Yessssssss! From what I've read those are great cards to have, good for you!!

Message 69 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
700-730 scores. I got 9 cards this year in 2018, but all of my 11 credit cards are within 1 year of eachother. Excited to build my credit with these cards, and building a relationship with these lenders.

Hey great scores! So when did you start your cc hunting? right away in Jan 2018?

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.