Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incognito Question

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

Incognito Question

So I'm pre-approved for the AMEX Hilton with 75K SUB after I logged in.  When I check on incognito mode before logging in I'm seeing 100K SUB but after I log in it goes away and changed to 75K SUB.  How do you use and apply incognito to get the bigger SUB?  Do you logged in first or do you just apply without logging in?  Thanks

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Incognito Question

You apply while incognito. Amex sees you're a member and does a soft pull. Though, they've been catching on to this trick.

Message 2 of 5
blazerein
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 3 of 5
bondsandloan
Regular Contributor

You apply without logging in. Try a different browser (one from your usual) if you don't see the incognito SUB offer when using your main browser.

What does it mean Amex. Is catching on to this trick? They denying the higher SUB or something now?
Message 4 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@bondsandloan wrote:
You apply without logging in. Try a different browser (one from your usual) if you don't see the incognito SUB offer when using your main browser.

What does it mean Amex. Is catching on to this trick? They denying the higher SUB or something now?

They're giving the SUB offered when logged in or outright not giving a SUB.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.