Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Chase Sapphire Preferred limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increasing Chase Sapphire Preferred limits

Thanks to the help I got on this forum, I was able to get a Chase SP. It has a$5K limit. I would like to increase that as quickly as possible.

I use it for business. How much would it help if I come close to quickly maxing out the card, paying that balance completely quickly, then repeat the process a couple of times within a billing period?  Are there other/better ways?

Thanks

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Increasing Chase Sapphire Preferred limits

Be careful 

If linked to being used for business Chase is known to shut it down quick fast and in a hurry and losing all points 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Be careful 

If linked to being used for business Chase is known to shut it down quick fast and in a hurry and losing all points 

+1 This sounds like a very bad idea. 5k on the CSP is the minimum CL they can give. It tells me you may have been a borderline approval. Chase may very well get concerned if you start maxing out the card. My advice would be use the card for personal use. Depending on the business expense you may be able to throw some of those expenses on it in order to make min spend if needed, but in no way should you be running large amounts of business expenses through a personal card as a new customer. I don't know what your credit profile is like but once you have more than a year of credit history reporting you should consider looking into the Chase ink cards. They are some of my favorite business cards, and depending on your business expenses you may have a lot of expenses that fall into their 5x category. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar boat with my CSP. Early in December I took a short trip and put the hotel etc. on the card. I never got close to the 5k. I seem to remember it being about 1300 when the bill came due, but almost as soon as I paid it off, I got an email offering me a softpull CLI on my CSP. They gave me 1500, I'd only  had the card a little under 5 months so I was stoked.

It's news to me that Chase doesn't want you to put buisness charges on your personal credit card. I know about the other way around, but I'm not sure why they'd even care as long as the bill was being paid. I also agree with one of the other posters in that you should apply for an Ink after about a year. It's what I plan to do.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for informing me. I had no clue. In fact, I have been using, as Authorized User, my wive's Chase Sapphire Preferred for business for over 2 years. She started at 5K, then as I maxed out the cards every month, on their own she received letters saying the limit had been upped. She is over 25K with her limit.  Have we simply been dogging bullets? Our points are over 180K now.

Message 5 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for informing me. I had no clue. In fact, I have been using, as Authorized User, my wive's Chase Sapphire Preferred for business for over 2 years. She started at 5K, then as I maxed out the cards every month, on their own she received letters saying the limit had been upped. She is over 25K with her limit.  Have we simply been dogging bullets? Our points are over 180K now.

Pretty much Lol

I'll have to go dig out my T/C but most banks state not to be used for business purposes

Just thought you should know tho 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty much Lol

I'll have to go dig out my T/C but most banks state not to be used for business purposes

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks, MJ. I wonder what people do who can't get approved for Bus. Credit.  

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty much Lol

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks, MJ. I wonder what people do who can't get approved for Bus. Credit.  

If you have a business and can get approved for decent personal cards, it's not hard then to get approved for a business credit card.  They base the approval on your personal credit as you are going to be guaranteeing the repayment of any charges on the card.

Message 8 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty much Lol

If you have a business and can get approved for decent personal cards, it's not hard then to get approved for a business credit card.  They base the approval on your personal credit as you are going to be guaranteeing the repayment of any charges on the card.

Agreed 

Look into Ink cards

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On a side note you don't want to be spending more on an AU card than the primary card holder. There have been many reports of people running into scrutiny with this. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.