Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infertility (IVF) Treatment Financing

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Infertility (IVF) Treatment Financing

This may be a more general financing question, but there are so many great resources here so I thought I’d check to see what y’all have to say.

Are there any cards or banks people recommend for such an IVF?
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Infertility (IVF) Treatment Financing

Other than care credit, I dont know of any but considering the cost of a single IVF cycle, credit card is probably not the best way to finance it.
Personal loan may suffice if a person qualifies

Depending on where patient lives, it can run up to $20k (with hormonal drugs), so even loan would have to be pretty hefty as multiple cycles may be required.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios gave you great advice. I just wanted to add that a lot of clinics have their own in house financing programs as well. You might want to speak to someone in their financial/billing department and see what they say. Sometimes it can save you significant amounts in interest.

Message 3 of 5
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

or even 2nd mortgage if possible.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 5
Hex
Valued Contributor

Some states require this to be covered by heath insurance. Are you in a position to move to one? Just a thought.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.