Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info about Home Depot CC

tag
armyguy90
Contributor

Info about Home Depot CC

I should be closing on my first house around September 1st, and will be updating major appliances and making some home improvements. Does Home Depot start out with good CLs? What credit bureau is pulled? My credit scores are around 670 on Transunion and Equifax. Any info about them is appreciated! Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Info about Home Depot CC

It's via Citi bank, apply you will probabably give you a toy limit, immediately call the number presented on the page with the new CL,  ask for a CLI explain you bought a new home and have some home improvement projects that need to be done and I will need  $X,000 (pick an amount you need plus a bit  more dont want max out the card, I got  4k  thinking about a steam front loading washer and drier)  some here have  reported CLI of 25k but they were on hold for 30 minutes to get it... my 4k CLI took about 5 minutes to approve. 

btw i haven't bought the washer and dryer yet, but my  CL is 4k  had the card 5 months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

One poster just posted on here today that they got a $15k initial line at HD right after closing on a mortgage! That's aweeesssooommmeee! Lowe's is great tooo... I have a $8,500 line there from GECRB.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Home Depot is thru Citi, and I read some posts where people weren't very happy with them a few months ago. Citi can be difficult sometimes. You  might want to consider Lowes thru GE, who can be pretty generous. You can call if your initial purchase is more and get CLI with GE lowes. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I also applied after our mortgage. Got it at $1500. I went into the store and asked them to increase it for some new appliances. The salesman got me on the phone with the credit folks. A few minutes later they doubled it to $3000. I paid at 0% for a year then paid it off. As soon as I paid it off, they cut the CL to $2700 I guess due to non-use. DW also had the card. She opened it with $600 but she never used it. Exactly one year later they closed it due to non-use which was OK by us.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HD Citi are good about getting CLI right after applying (Lowes not bad, just hear MUCH higher with Citi)

I tend to like Home Depot Better and Citi.

Reading all the posts and experience with other Citi cards and CLI it's like Amex (Amex says 3x current limit) HD doesn't really say you got $500 you should not call and only ask for $1500... ASK FOR $25k!!!

The HP is done, they are not going to turn around and say no we can't do $25 and we don't counter so oops you shouldn't have asked for that much... THEY ALWAYS COUNTER "IF' Available. (some talk on Amex, cardholders think when they don't get counter it's because they asked for to much, then the next poster reads that and they are scared to ask for it so they say something like $1000 and get it... it's not because how much you asked for)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.