Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info worth sharing...

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Info worth sharing...

So i just got off the phone with NFCU. I was applying for a credit increase on my nRewards Secured card being that i am in rebuilding mode and the representative explained to me that as of lately there are new guidelines for CLI on Secured cards that now although it is a secured card any increase that you apply for will not also be a HP. I know inquiries dont mean much in a grand scheme of things but just felt it was a worthy mention for those also interested or currently have the nRewrds secured card and are considering increasing the limit.

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Info worth sharing...

"that you apply for will not also be a HP"

Do you mean now ???

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Do you mean now ???

I am pretty sure OP mean now, not not.  I recently checked the credit union ratings, and NFCU, to my surprise, had quite a few at-risk loans.  Many more than PenFed.  As an NFCU member, I hope they're tightening, not loosening their underwriting standards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Do you mean now ???

LOL i wish i did mean that but yes they will not be a HP..

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Do you mean now ???

I am pretty sure OP mean now, not not.  I recently checked the credit union ratings, and NFCU, to my surprise, had quite a few at-risk loans.  Many more than PenFed.  As an NFCU member, I hope they're tightening, not loosening their underwriting standards.

wow that i did not know but i think NFCU is going to do fine even if they dont tighten someone has to be the one that gives chances i mean not just insanely give them but take a chance sometimes people mess up..If they tighten up as much as banks or other CUs i dont think it will be as popular....Thats the most favorable thing i think most people like about NFCU because they are willining to give the underdog a shot.

Current Cards

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.