cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input with Chances with Chase Sapphire Reserve ?

tag
Kw76
Valued Member

Input with Chances with Chase Sapphire Reserve ?

Im looking hard at the Chase Sapphire Reserve for sometime time now .Im just worried about a denial. I had a 10 year old unpaid charge off for 3500 with the providian Wamu merger. . Chase ended up buying that account in 2008 . It’s off my reports. I currently have a mortgage with chase ,

Let me know what you guys think ... Thanks in advance

Fico 8’s 815-820 across the board
190k income
Have 2 cards each with 30k In credit lines
4 cards with over 10k each
Aver age of credit is 9 years
Oldest is 21 years
Utilz is 7%
No degrogs on report
2 inquires in last 24 months
Last card issued was 2017
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Input with Chances with Chase Sapphire Reserve ?

Since Chase tends to have a very long memory, which includes predecessor banks, the only way to know for sure is once you apply.

If declined due to a previous unsatisfactory relationship, you could try the reconsideration approach.
Message 2 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If it weren't for the charge-off I would say you're a lock to get the card. I think you might have to be prepared to recon the app if you go ahead and apply for it. Worse case scenario you'll know for sure that CO is holding you back, you only wasted a HP or two, and can try again down the line.

Message 3 of 15
Kw76
Valued Member

That’s always a option , just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting in with situation similar to mine .
Message 4 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Kw76 wrote:
That’s always a option , just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting in with situation similar to mine .

As @FinStar said some have an easier time than others in getting back in with Chase. Only by applying will you know.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your current profile would make it easy for a CSR. The CO is the only thing. But they found it in their cold hearts to give you a mortgage regardless.

Do you have a current card with Chase? I think your credit profile is well enough to take an HP and shrug it off in a couple months. If for some reason they reject you, there is slew of other premium cards who would love to have you.
Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Kw76  Have you tried prequal by any chance?  Is there a branch near you? You could go in and see if you have any in branch preapprovals. 

Message 7 of 15
Kw76
Valued Member

Nothing on prequal, I even thought about opening up a banking relationship with them.
Message 8 of 15
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Kw76 wrote:
Nothing on prequal, I even thought about opening up a banking relationship with them.

you have a mortgage, you dont need anything else.  app away, the worst is a hp but if it fails but I think you stand a great chance.  I would recon something like this all day long

Message 9 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

To be safe why not go for an in branch preapproval? Or check “my offers” on your chase checking account if you have one.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.