cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input with Chances with Chase Sapphire Reserve ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Input with Chances with Chase Sapphire Reserve ?

@Anonymous wrote:
Your current profile would make it easy for a CSR. The CO is the only thing. But they found it in their cold hearts to give you a mortgage regardless.

Do you have a current card with Chase? I think your credit profile is well enough to take an HP and shrug it off in a couple months. If for some reason they reject you, there is slew of other premium cards who would love to have you.

The mortgage is a secured loan which is quite different from an unsecured revolving credit account.  As suggested by others the safest course is to find out if there an in-branch pre-approval; otherwise just apply and he'll know immediately if he's blacklisted.

Message 11 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Kw76 wrote:
Nothing on prequal, I even thought about opening up a banking relationship with them.

you have a mortgage, you dont need anything else.  app away, the worst is a hp but if it fails but I think you stand a great chance.  I would recon something like this all day long

A house is a collateral. They can always take it back. 

If a person defaults on CC, it's not like they take the card back and shred it. 

Two different animals. 

OP would need to apply for CC and see what happens. Hopefully, Chase got over it by now. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kw76 wrote:
Nothing on prequal, I even thought about opening up a banking relationship with them.

I think a banking relationship helps. You already have a mortgage with them, which is a pretty big step. I would definitely go talk to someone in-branch about the CSR. They can definitely give you a better idea. Maybe even talk to them about joining their Sapphire Banking program to get there (I think it's like 75k to enter). Your numbers look good and it definitely looks like you are in their good graces already. 

Message 13 of 15
Kw76
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for all of your input , I appreciate your time and responses !!
Message 14 of 15
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

It seems to me that Chase is very unpredictable in terms of their forgiveness with past Chase bad debts.

One one hand, I just got approved for a $8,400 Sapphire Preferred and $5,600 Freedom Unlimited, and I only just paid off two 3-year-old chargeoffs on other Chase cards 5 months ago. Apparently as soon as I settled, they were ready to have me back. I have banked with them for about 15 years.

On the other hand, a coworker of mine burned Chase 12 years ago during the financial crisis, and STILL can't get approved for anything from Chase, even when he has better credit than me and has a bunch of other premium cards. He doesn't bank with Chase.

So it's impossible to know if they want you back or not, unless you try.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.