Re: Inq

@RSCo wrote:
Here's my profile...

35 total accounts
19 open accounts, of which 17 are charge/revolvers

INQ's - ALL since Dec 2012
Ex. Eq. Tu.
12. 13. 6

Didn't seem to hurt me during my recent app sprees.. Never declined due to Inq, at least according to denial reasons..

Good Luck!!

Let me guess ... you didn't apply for any Barclays card? Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 30
mcf
Contributor

@myjourney yes!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 30
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mcf wrote:

Ohh Geez i have 39 lol.. thats just with equifax..

Thats why your gardening for awhile Smiley Wink

Oh my, he may want to round that off to an even 40Smiley LOL
(myjourney, better get ALL security measures readySmiley LOL)

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 23 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mcf wrote:

Ohh Geez i have 39 lol.. thats just with equifax..

Thats why your gardening for awhile Smiley Wink

Oh my, he may want to round that off to an even 40Smiley LOL
(myjourney, better get ALL security measures readySmiley LOL)

Lmao

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 30
mcf
Contributor

ohhhno lol.. thats all before i found my way here! lol.. just still dealing with them on reports.. No more are expected for a long time. Next INQ will be for property or car hopefully in like 15 yrs haha!!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Message 25 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 26 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mcf wrote:

ohhhno lol.. thats all before i found my way here! lol.. just still dealing with them on reports.. No more are expected for a long time. Next INQ will be for property or car hopefully in like 15 yrs haha!!

Good answer mcf good answer 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 30
mcf
Contributor

So OP yeh i have too many hehe. But i guess it depends on credit file how many accts, ages of accounts, income, so many variables.. Because I have been approved for some nice cards in the past few months believe it or not.. but now put that many INQ on a younger file and im sure its bad to have more than 6 INQ

Message 28 of 30
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Non of the credit cards I have applied for have been needs. I didn't need any of them. I just got them to help improve my credit. I am not even sure exactly why i am improving my credit. i have no plans to buy a house or to borrow money. I am raising my credit soley to improve my self esteem. So all my apps have been wants not needs. I have basically no use for any of my credit lines. I really don't like credit cards at all and would much prefer to pay cash or use a debit card all the time. However as I have learned from research credit is important and someday I may need it for something and just incase I do, i have gotten 4 credit cards which I don't use other than as a strategy to improve my credit score.

Message 29 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Non of the credit cards I have applied for have been needs. I didn't need any of them. I just got them to help improve my credit. I am not even sure exactly why i am improving my credit. i have no plans to buy a house or to borrow money. I am raising my credit soley to improve my self esteem. So all my apps have been wants not needs. I have basically no use for any of my credit lines. I really don't like credit cards at all and would much prefer to pay cash or use a debit card all the time. However as I have learned from research credit is important and someday I may need it for something and just incase I do, i have gotten 4 credit cards which I don't use other than as a strategy to improve my credit score.

You answered it! Smiley Tongue

You might just plan to buy a house or finance a car someday. You never know.

Besides, properties are good investments.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.