Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries 12 months old

tag
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Re: Inquiries 12 months old

I agree with you .. So planning for a game plan and restrict myself with new TL till next year .. In your terms into gardening now. ...
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 11 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

OP,

With the cards you have now, you have no reason to really desire anything from Citi for about 2 years (if ever).  

A lot of what you already have makes them (Citi) look like a joke. 

You have some fantastic lines to grow over time, why add a thistle bush like Citi to a Rose garden.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 17
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Thanks RyVision .. Really feeling happy and motivated
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 14 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

OP,

With the cards you have now, you have no reason to really desire anything from Citi for about 2 years (if ever).  

You have some fantastic lines to grow over time, why add a thistle bush like Citi to a Rose garden.

+1.  You really have great cards, a great profile!  Let them age.  

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 15 of 17
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

OP,

+1.  You really have great cards, a great profile!  Let them age.  

While I do agree you have some great cards.  If the OP wants Citi CC there is nothing wrong with that because while Citi might not be great in some peoples opinion but others might feel differently.

Example I have the Citi Dividend WE for this quarter you get 5% on Best Buy, Toy stores and Department Stores purchases while other 5% cards lets you get 5% on $1500 per quarter like Freedom or Discover Citi lets you get 5% back of up to $6000 per year so on quarters were the categories are not good for me this quarter it is and I will use close to the whole $6000 at Best Buy.  For me and I am sure for others with the dividend card this cards works great.

Also with so many new TLs 12 months might not even be good enough for some CCC.  It might be good for Fico scoring but a lot of CCC have their own internal scoring and with manual review might make it even harder.  Plus with all your new TLs you have a lot of new credit so while your util may be low your available credit might be to high in comparision to your income. 

I would not apply for anything new for a while, not that I would think there is reason to.  When most people will tell you when to stop applying is when you start getting declined and when you CL start to get low those are the red flags.

Message 16 of 17
unusuallyconfused
Regular Contributor

I think of all the people who have replied here, you and I are very similar in many ways. Refer to my siggy.

I too opened many (actually ALL) of my current credit accounts in the last 8-9 months. All new accounts. 

It's been hard staying "in the garden". Just last week I slipped up and got yet another tradeline AND added a new auto loan, too.

Like you, one of my credit reports has 15 hard inquires (the other two credit reports are 11 and 5 respectively...).

BUT...even after this short time I have seen the value of something:

Credit Limit Increases and responsible useage. 

Being in the same situation as you (with similar credit file and similar income, etc) my 2 cents of advice is this:

1. As bad as you want new lines of credit (whether that's because it's a high to get approved, whether it's because you think you need more credit, etc). STOP. Chase Slate and all the rest will be here next year, or two years from now. Stop apping and let time work its magic on your tradelines and credit files.

2. Concentrate on credit limit increases. Each tradeline you have has a "secret" or method to which most people have found increases are triggered. 

3. Let your average age of accounts build up month after month.

4. Not just 12 months regarding your hard inquiries, see if you can make it to 24 months from your last hard inquiry - and those inquiries completely come off.

5. Focus on payment history - use and pay your cards. Some places I have found LOVE it when you carry a balance for a couple months and make them some money; then they reward you for it with more credit; some places want you to pay off monthly and not balance carry - do that and they will reward you, too. Learn your tradelines inside and out.

When that magic time comes - determine your credit needs: meaning, which cards do you want now? And why do you want them?

And remember this: even if you work out everything perfectly, some places will still deny you for having TOO MUCH OPEN TRADELINES. That's at the back of my mind right now regarding myself (which is why I shall close 2-3 accounts come next year and probably replace those 2 or 3 closed accounts with ONE "quality" tradeline - like closing First Premier and Applied Bank and Credit One and replacing that with say, Chase Slate!).

USAA Rewards VISA (7,500 - 03/2013) / DiscoverIT (6500 - 03/2013) / Cap One Platinum MC (2750 - 03/2013) / Credit One Platinum VISA (750 - 03/2013) / First Premier Bank MC (300 - 02/2013) / FingerHut/WEBBANK (5200.00 - 02/2013) / Victoria's Secret/Comenity (1500 - 03/2013) / PayPal Smart Connect/GECRB (2900 - 03/2013) / Lowe's/GECRB (2800 - 03/2013) / Amazon.com/GECRB (4500 - 03/2013) / Chevron Texaco/GECRB (1950 - 03/2013) / J.C. Penney/GECRB (2150 - 02/2013) / Target (750 - 07/2013) / Abercrombie & Fitch/Comenity (1850 - 07/2013) / CareCredit/GECRB (4500 - 08/2013) / DCU Visa (2000 - 11/2013) / NFCU Sig cashRewards Visa (7000 - 11/2013) - MilitaryStar/Chase (4700 /12/2013)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.