Did you mean: 

Inquiries!

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Inquiries!

Hi All,

Here's a topic that often arises; Inquires

At what point does this no longer matter? I'm now up to 14 on my Experian.. the last 2 inqs were made within the last 30 days. I'm going to see #15 shortly because I'm going to be personally guaranteeing an account for my business. Other than this, my credit history is STRONG ...super low utilization (under 10%), decent AAoA and zero baddies. I'm wondering if this will outweigh the inqs?

Has anyone experienced success with a goodwill letter to remove inquiries?

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiries!

I haven't even been able to get UNAUTHORIZED inquiries off! I don't think any bank/ccc will do that unless there's a really good reason -- like it was their error. And even then, it would likely be a fight for you. At least, that's my experience.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 9
frogfan12
Established Contributor

From what I've experienced, nothing but time will get rid of inquiries. I have a couple that will fall off later this year. You just have to let time pass and let those inquiries fall off. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 3 of 9
vizon
Regular Contributor

I've gotten inquries deleted before by calling the company. Working on a few others that appeared too.

Message 4 of 9
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

send gw letters, I have had a few removed that way.

Message 5 of 9
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

This is interesting. You guys mind saying what banks were willing to delete inquiries? Were they legitimate inq's or were they because of mistakes?

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

This is interesting. You guys mind saying what banks were willing to delete inquiries? Were they legitimate inq's or were they because of mistakes?

+1 I'd like to know this as well. I have had to fight like the dickens to get an unauthorized inq made in error off of my rept. I've yet to find a bank that would do it as a "courtesy."

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Hi All,

Here's a topic that often arises; Inquires

At what point does this no longer matter? I'm now up to 14 on my Experian.. the last 2 inqs were made within the last 30 days. I'm going to see #15 shortly because I'm going to be personally guaranteeing an account for my business. Other than this, my credit history is STRONG ...super low utilization (under 10%), decent AAoA and zero baddies. I'm wondering if this will outweigh the inqs?

Has anyone experienced success with a goodwill letter to remove inquiries?

UM

I don't think you can GW an INQ away. But I would think if all your other stats are good that a lender may let the INQ's slide if they were not recent (at least 6 mo's old)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
jeffery581
Established Contributor

If the inquiry is invalid and not authorized call and raise a fuss. Otherwise for legit inquiries try a GW letter- worth a shot, nothing to loose.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.