cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry to Discover regarding Diners Club Cards

Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Inquiry to Discover regarding Diners Club Cards

I thought  I would share withe MyFico family. I have always regretted giving up my Diners Club card, and I check their site daily to see if they are accepting applications. Most/all of you know BMO Harris has the 'contract' to issue the Diners Club cards, but they have not done so in years. The cards run on the Disco network. So I sent Disco a message to ask about it. 

Dear Discover: Good morning! Let me say I love you guys. Love your commercials. Long time card member here. So I have meant to ask you all for a while now....Will Discover Financial Services ever actually issue the Diners Club card for US citizens? BMO Harris has the rights to it in the US., but has not accepted applications for years. However, the Diners Club runs on the Disco network, I even have a little Diners Club logo on the back of my Disco card. So...will Discover finally issue the cards at some point, is it possible? Thanks so much, appreciate your help!

Reply from Discover: 

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand how important it is to have a Diners Club card sent out.
It is unclear what we will have in the future regarding issuing cards for Diners Club.  We recommend to continue to check and keep an ear out for announcements as we would announce that information if we decided to issue out cards.  I'll make sure to forward feed back directly to head quarters regarding issuing out cards for Diners Club.  

FICO 8 EQ: 838, TU: 834, EX: 831 Total Rev CL: $430,000 - BANK of AMERICA/CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/NORDSTROM/MACYS/BARCLAYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCH 2% MC/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWRDS/AAoA 13 years
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Inquiry to Discover regarding Diners Club Cards

Diners Club cards issued in the US run on the Master Card payment network everywhere, globally.

The Diners logo on the back of your Discover card references the non-US, international Diners Club payment network.

Discover has licensing arrangements in each country for who markets the Diners Club brand.

I am keeping my Diners Premier open, I really doubt any change from BMO Harris would be good, though I sympathize with those who want to get a US issued Diners Master Card.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.