Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval... and then received declined letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant Approval... and then received declined letter

This happened to my coworker.  She said she applied for a CC online and was approved.  Then she received a letter that says she was declined due to # of inq and new accounts.
She said she applied for 4 CCs online in one day.  All were approved.  She received 3 of the cards in the mail.... 

I told her that I'm guessing the CCC instantly approved her and then did a manual review of her CR and by that time she had too many INQ.  what do y'all think?  Does this happen very often?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instant Approval... and then received declined letter

Lots of CCC's are starting to tighten the reigns on what they think is suspicious activity. The CCC's are trying to protect themselves, and people are not liking it, but hey that is how businesses are run.

What happened to our friend sounds like something AmEx would do. Which CC did she apply for?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. With the financial "Big Bang" looming just over the horizon, as many economists are predicting, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a drastic curtailment of instant approvals.

Might be a thing of the past, like the S&L meltdown of the mid 80's.

You can gain a lot of good insight in the "Credit In The News" forum. Everytime I go there and read, I come out depressed, and want to kick the dog and take a big slug of vodka or something. lol
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Everytime I go there and read, I come out depressed, and want to kick the dog and take a big slug of vodka or something. lol

Oh dang. Hide the vodka and tell the dog to run for cover. ;-)
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HaHaHaHa. Good one jaybee! I would never ever harm one hair on my 2 dogs. But I might be talked into the other thing. Smiley Happy

I've never been without some sort of dog, all of my life. And that's a LONG time. Cheapest security alarm available. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe. Thats funny about the cheapest security.

As ducky would say, its (the vodka) allergy meds.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

It may be the cheapest security alarm, but the best security alarm goes bang. I believe the second cheapest would be the sound of a shotgun racking.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
It may be the cheapest security alarm, but the best security alarm goes bang. I believe the second cheapest would be the sound of a shotgun racking.

I think you are confusing alarm with deterrent. Smiley Happy

Or maybe alarm with arm.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have heard quite a few companies are doing this now a days. Sorry to hear this.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.