cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval but no contact since .....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant Approval but no contact since .....

On the 15th or 16th of August, I applied online for a Visa Platinum card through Bremer Bank which is backed by Elan.

I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $21,500. But since I was only able to briefly view the approval screen, I basically only absorbed the approval and initial credit limit. Oh, and seeing my authorized user as well.

Since then, I have not received any contact from them. Nothing via email, cell, office, or USPS. I'm wondering if I should reach out to them or if I should be patient a little longer and not freak out just yet?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instant Approval but no contact since .....

It’s been two weeks. If there’s nothing from them that got shunted off into your email spam folder, call them and ask the status of your account.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ELAN = US Bank = slow as molasses. 

Second making a phone call. 

Message 3 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the 15th or 16th of August, I applied online for a Visa Platinum card through Bremer Bank which is backed by Elan.

I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $21,500. But since I was only able to briefly view the approval screen, I basically only absorbed the approval and initial credit limit. Oh, and seeing my authorized user as well.

Since then, I have not received any contact from them. Nothing via email, cell, office, or USPS. I'm wondering if I should reach out to them or if I should be patient a little longer and not freak out just yet?

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

Absolutely call them. Someone else could be using your card as we speak (type). Okay, joking aside. As ImTheDevil said, just call and ask the status of your account. Sometimes patience is a virtue, but not in this case. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go ahead and give them a call. That's a very nice SL and would hate to see it go to waste! Chances are, they're still processing it. A rep should be able to give you an update on the status of your account

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 7
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since when are they slow? I find they are rather responsive. You just need to find the sweet spot with them which is rather difficult.

I would like to remind you that cards can take 7-14 business days to arrive. This means 3 weeks is your real limit. Also depending on where you are there have been holidays between when you applied and when you receive your card which do not count as business days. I say give it an additional week to pop up. Also you can call them anyway for fun if you are really bored.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@zerofire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since when are they slow? I find they are rather responsive. You just need to find the sweet spot with them which is rather difficult.

I would like to remind you that cards can take 7-14 business days to arrive. This means 3 weeks is your real limit. Also depending on where you are there have been holidays between when you applied and when you receive your card which do not count as business days. I say give it an additional week to pop up. Also you can call them anyway for fun if you are really bored.

@zerofire, IME they have been known to have delays that go beyond the stated timeframe for delivering such correspondence.   An item to keep in mind, often times there can be batch processing issues with plastics.  So, while you may have found them quick and/or responsive that does not mean that they always are which is why the OP posted the thread.   This latency also may apply not only to ELAN, but Citi or others, for instance. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.