Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval for Amazon Store Card

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Instant Approval for Amazon Store Card

I'm beginning to do some holiday gift shopping and I use Amazon a lot. I decided to go for the GEMB card since I already have a Chase backed card, and with a few CO's on my CR I don't think they'd approve.

I app'd and was instantly approved for $1200, after living with approvals of $300 and $500 for awhile I was pretty shocked. I will definitely take advantage of the no interest promo they have going on right now!

Are they pretty good with CLI's, my wife has a JCP card that grew from $250 to $1250. Just wondering if GE acts the same on the Amazon card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Instant Approval for Amazon Store Card

Does Amazon offer a GEMB and CHASE card? I got the Amazon Chase card last year (christmas shopping) with a $1,000 credit limit- I haven't received or asked for a increase.
Message 2 of 4
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@moondog7324 wrote:
Does Amazon offer a GEMB and CHASE card? I got the Amazon Chase card last year (christmas shopping) with a $1,000 credit limit- I haven't received or asked for a increase.

Yes, they offer both. The Chase card is a Amazon Rewards Visa, any CLI requests will be a hard pull. The GEMB card is a store card, only good at Amazon, don't know about the CLI's with them.
Message 3 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

ralbusta wrote:

I'm beginning to do some holiday gift shopping and I use Amazon a lot. I decided to go for the GEMB card since I already have a Chase backed card, and with a few CO's on my CR I don't think they'd approve.

I app'd and was instantly approved for $1200, after living with approvals of $300 and $500 for awhile I was pretty shocked. I will definitely take advantage of the no interest promo they have going on right now!

Are they pretty good with CLI's, my wife has a JCP card that grew from $250 to $1250. Just wondering if GE acts the same on the Amazon card?

congrats!  that's a nice starting CL for this card...they seem to tend toward low initial CL on this product. 

i actually have the chase amazon visa (3.5k) and the gemb amazon store card (400>>>1225)

the gemb amazon store card is a slow and steady grower IME... typically eligible for CLI (soft pull via luv button) every four months or so. 

my most recent CLI was the largest i've received on the store card so far- 225.

chase gave a more generous CL out of the box but requires HP for customer initiated CLI afaik, so won't be asking for one

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.