cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant approvals and not instant approvals?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Instant approvals and not instant approvals?

I don't know if this is a thread already but what cards did you get instant approvals on? What cards did you not get instant approvals on? Here's mine.

Instant approvals:
Chase Freedom
Citi Double Cash
Amex BCE
Amex Blue
Capital One Quicksilverone (formerly Platnium)
My unsecured local bank card that was once secured

Not instantly approved:
Discover - approved second time
Kohls - applied in the past with no credit, approved after a few tries
Old Navy (now Old Navy Visa) - applied in the past without credit, approved after a few tries
TJX Rewards (now TJX MasterCard) - applied in the past without credit, approved after a few times.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instant approvals and not instant approvals?

All of the cards listed in my sig were instant approvals. They only one that was not was Freedom due to no revolving history but after learning about recon, I called in and was approved.
Message 2 of 12
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I was not instantly approved with Discover originally because at the time I had barely 4 months of credit history going on. Waited 6 months, applied and got a generous credit line. Amex was bit of a trick. My Blue had such a low credit line originally that I feel like it was just put in place so Amex could see how I would do. I used it I believe at least once or twice and paid it off. So I applied for BCE about a month or so later and got approved with a much higher limit.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait... I think I read your post wrong... while I received instant approvals on stated cards above, Lowes took a few times. Wal-Mart did too as I had applied for Wal-Mart June of last year with pretty much no revolving history, denied. Applied again in August, instant $1200 approval. Lowes was a beast to get... I applied month after month online until I finally got an approval in store.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything in my signwas instant except SM which was actually an outright denial because I had charge off with them in the past (15years ago) and they didn't even pull a report just instant deny. After recon they approved me since it had been so long ago I just had to approve a hp
Message 5 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

None of my Chase cards were instant approval. They always went to verification.

Many of my Sync cards have been instant but stuff like Sams Club MC and Walmart I've had to go through verification for.

Citi cards have always gone into verification too.

Amex was always instant approval.

Barclays was instantly approved

Discover was an instant approval.

US Bank was 7-10 message.

CapOne was not instant

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

chase was always instant for me. instant on cap1,citi forward and doublecash, boa travel rewards, Amex PRG, discover, PayPal, and Walmart also instant.

Barclay's has never instantly approved me, I've always had to call and ask them to manually process my application but I've always been approved. citi Prestige required me to call in and say hello, and then they processed and approved my app. never been asked any questions about my credit file on any of these calls, always just hi how are you.
Message 7 of 12
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

All of mine except the Sapphire were instant.  Had to do ID verification for the CSP which took about a week to complete. 

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 8 of 12
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Every card in my signature was an instant approval except: AmEx Platinum, SPG, Chase Freedom, and Diner's Club (not pictured). Zync, Forward, BCE (not pictured), Walmart Discover/MasterCard were all verification. Citi AA would've been instant, but I was prompted to keep the CL or to move some from another card to make it even higher.

Other instant approvals that I don't have in my signature are: Chase Amazon, Macy's AmEx, Sam's Club MasterCard, Citi DoubleCash.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of my Amex cards (one charge one revolver were instant)

Both my BoA cards were instant. 

Citi - instant

Barclay's - instant

US Bank (in branch application) - instant, but they downsold me. So I guess it was really a half denial. 

The only cards that were not instant approvals were my two Chase cards. Both were approved after simple manual review (just called, they verified my identity and such, and approved me). 

I think the larger point here is there aren't cards that are always instant approvals. It all seems to depend on the individual

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.