Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant card numbers, expedited shipping

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Instant card numbers, expedited shipping

Good information. I find most lenders are easy to work with because they want to get the card in your hand so you can start using it. I don't know why huge companies like Citi and Capital One prefer to take 7-10 business days to get you a card when I'm sure they could easily provide for expedited shipping if they wanted.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

For both our Barclay cards (he's got SM, I've got A+ and we're AUs on the others') I remember I decided not to have cards expedited because I thought it would (might?) cost $15 per card. And while it would have been worth $15 to me, it wasn't worth $30. I don't recall if it was explicit or I was just thinking that could be the case. 

And re: MrPotato's B of A post, that's assuming it's not your first B of A card, otherwise there's no way to make an account, right? (B of A is the most recent new card/new lender, so I just dealt with this.) 

Message 12 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For both our Barclay cards (he's got SM, I've got A+ and we're AUs on the others') I remember I decided not to have cards expedited because I thought it would (might?) cost $15 per card. And while it would have been worth $15 to me, it wasn't worth $30. I don't recall if it was explicit or I was just thinking that could be the case. 

They do indeed charge $15 per card; pulling up any Barclay's app confirms there is a little checkbox with "rush delivery" for $15.

I agree, $30 total is pretty steep unless you really need the card for a specific purpose. Otherwise, better to just wait.

Message 13 of 24
redpat
Senior Contributor

My Citi card came fedex in 2 days.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

What card? 

Message 15 of 24
pa850
Regular Contributor

Thank you.  This is great information to have. 

Message 16 of 24
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

What card? 

Prestige, it's the only one I have.

Didn't even ask it just showed up.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 17 of 24
pa850
Regular Contributor

Thank you.  This is great information to have.  Great reference guide.  

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My partners Amex SimplyCash was rushed via DHL.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFED

About 24 hours after approval, the card number will appear online, from the main accounts screen

They will expedite the card for a fee.

I have had a different experience.  I was approved for the PenFed Promise card on the 5th of October.  After the approval I received 3 emails from them notifying me that I needed to log in to my accounts and finish the application process(add approved users, shipping method, etc.). I have done this twice, and after the third email, last week I believe, I called customer service and was told that I was indeed approved and that the status of my application would change in the application tab reflecting this the next day, and that they would be shipping the card to me(when, I don't know). Anyway, two weeks after approval the status hasn't changed, the credit account isn't showing in the list of my accounts, and I still don't have the card despite choosing expedited shipping. I had big hopes for PenFed because I am hoping to purchase a truck for work here in the next few months, and a house in the next year or so, but they're not bolstering my faith in them.  At the very least, they have issues on their website that need to be resolved.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.