Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instantly Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Re: Instantly Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred

I love mine... Its a metal card how cool can that get unless u get a palladium i have had so many comments about the card... just for the coolness factor its worth the 95 a  year for me plus the 50000 points are a nice addition too. Going to get married this year so i think them points have hawaii written all over them!

Message 11 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy  

I read posts like yours and am encouraged to think something like this could happen to me one day!

Message 12 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Congrats!!

Thanks!

I really like your wallet!!

Next year I am going to apply for Amex BCP or BC, and the next is Discover More. I have only heard good things about the SPG.

You are only here 2 yrs and you got in with Chase. That is very good. If Chase pull EQ for you, your EX/TU if clean...I would app for BCP or any Amex now if you want it. That way you have a yr of history with Amex and 6 months later, you app for another Amex, it will backdate back to 2011 instead of 2012, helping your AAoA. Nice to get a new card and not get penalized by Fico. The backdate is priceless in the credit world so get in with Amex asap for backdating. GL.

Message 13 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@cableguy123 wrote:

I love mine... Its a metal card how cool can that get unless u get a palladium i have had so many comments about the card... just for the coolness factor its worth the 95 a  year for me plus the 50000 points are a nice addition too. Going to get married this year so i think them points have hawaii written all over them!

Congratulations on your wedding Smiley Happy

Good to know it is a good looking card, but I guess it shares the same look with the no annual fee version. But again, $95/yr is not much, and they already have paid $625 upfront which is about 7 years if you think about it.

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 14 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:
You are only here 2 yrs and you got in with Chase. That is very good. If Chase pull EQ for you, your EX/TU if clean...I would app for BCP or any Amex now if you want it. That way you have a yr of history with Amex and 6 months later, you app for another Amex, it will backdate back to 2011 instead of 2012, helping your AAoA. Nice to get a new card and not get penalized by Fico. The backdate is priceless in the credit world so get in with Amex asap for backdating. GL.

I don't know which one they pulled. I just applied today, and I have to pay another $20 to see my new EQ. I just checked last week!!

I really like Amex BCE, but I did not have pre-selected offers for that one. They had offers for me on Blue Sky (not the preferred version), Gold, and Delta Gold. Since I never had any previous relationship with Amex, they might deny me right away. I can apply for Amex, even if I get denied, I can wait a year until it comes off the list. However, in that case I need to check my EQ to make sure chase pulled that one.

Thanks for the advice.

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 15 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

I don't know which one they pulled. I just applied today, and I have to pay another $20 to see my new EQ. I just checked last week!!

I really like Amex BCE, but I did not have pre-selected offers for that one. They had offers for me on Blue Sky (not the preferred version), Gold, and Delta Gold. Since I never had any previous relationship with Amex, they might deny me right away. I can apply for Amex, even if I get denied, I can wait a year until it comes off the list. However, in that case I need to check my EQ to make sure chase pulled that one.

Thanks for the advice.

Well...I would check all 3 reports to find out. You can do that online.

However, I may let Chase Sapphire Preferred report on credit report and than app Amex.

They'll see Chase got your business so they will compete and you will get a better starting CL from Amex.

If you are new, their starting CL may be small to see usage for a few months.

But the yr is coming near...you have a couple wks left to think about it. Just doing it a wk before incase they need to review.

You want your Amex to say 2011, not 2012 to help your AAoA.

Edit: Don't worry about getting denied from Amex, if your EX report is within 10% similarity as the report Chase pulled, you are in my friend. Chase & Amex are very tough banks and their qualify are very similar imho Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:
Well...I would check all 3 reports to find out. You can do that online.

However, I may let Chase Sapphire Preferred report on credit report and than app Amex.

They'll see Chase got your business so they will compete and you will get a better starting CL from Amex.

If you are new, their starting CL may be small to see usage for a few months.

But the yr is coming near...you have a couple wks left to think about it. Just doing it a wk before incase they need to review.

You want your Amex to say 2011, not 2012 to help your AAoA.

Edit: Don't worry about getting denied from Amex, if your EX report is within 10% similarity as the report Chase pulled, you are in my friend. Chase & Amex are very tough banks and their qualify are very similar imho Smiley Happy

I just found a coupon (10% not much: DECFORUMS10) and checked my EQ again here. It has dropped 18 points, so I am at 760 and Chase Bank shows as one inquiry!

Does it make any difference that I already have a Chase Freedom Card? Since you said if they see Chase has my business they might want to compete.

I am going to listen to you and wait until Sapphire appears on my report. How long does it normally take?

Message 17 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

How long does it normally take?

Depends....but 2wks is not enough time. It may take up to 1 month....2 mons with Amex.

But Chase saw something on your EQ report that they like...I am sure Amex and Chase are looking at the same thing.

But Amex will probably look at your EX and maybe TU if they need to.

They won't know you gotten approved with Chase cause they won't see your EQ.

So that will be a better chance for you with Amex now. You would want your EX to look like your EQ minus the recent hard inquiry on EX report.

Done deal imho.

Message 18 of 51
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@cableguy123 wrote:

Congratulations on your wedding Smiley Happy

Good to know it is a good looking card, but I guess it shares the same look with the no annual fee version. But again, $95/yr is not much, and they already have paid $625 upfront which is about 7 years if you think about it.

Thanks Simon.. Boy is she happy!

Message 19 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:

How long does it normally take?

Depends....but 2wks is not enough time. It may take up to 1 month....2 mons with Amex.

But Chase saw something on your EQ report that they like...I am sure Amex and Chase are looking at the same thing.

But Amex will probably look at your EX and maybe TU if they need to.

They won't know you gotten approved with Chase cause they won't see your EQ.

So that will be a better chance for you with Amex now. You would want your EX to look like your EQ minus the recent hard inquiry on EX report.

Done deal imho.

My EQ had a failed USBank inquiry from 2010 (over one year now), and my TU has the inquiry from my Chase Freedom Card issued in 2010 (again more than a year). My EX has no inquiry in more than two years.

If they don't know I have gotten approved for Chase, then there is no reason to wait for Sapphire to appear on my reports. Besides it will lower my AAoA once it appears.

So, should I do it now? I am going to apply for the free version: Amex BCE.

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.