cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instantly Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Your application is pending further review.

@tntexans72 wrote:

Done deal imho.

I just went ahead and applied! I received this message:

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash PreferredSM from American Express. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.
Thank you for applying.

Did they deny me instantly!?

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 21 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

The denial or ...

Okay, I found out what the problem was.

I got my 3 reports from Experian, apparently Chase has checked both EX and EQ. Now, Amex also checks EX and bam! There is one inquiry from yesterday!

I should have gotten all reports last night before I applied. Lesson learned, and all my scores are now 740.

EDIT: I just checked the Online Amex App Status, and it says Approved! How reliable is that?? Is there a way to check what CL they gave before the card arrives?

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.

P.S: Used this link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 22 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: The denial or ...

@SimonP wrote:

Okay, I found out what the problem was.

I got my 3 reports from Experian, apparently Chase has checked both EX and EQ. Now, Amex also checks EX and bam! There is one inquiry from yesterday!

I should have gotten all reports last night before I applied. Lesson learned, and all my scores are now 740.

EDIT: I just checked the Online Amex App Status, and it says Approved! How reliable is that?? Is there a way to check what CL they gave before the card arrives?

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.

P.S: Used this link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Having Chase on your EX report is good....amex will compete for your business. You just have to sit back for 6 months now and DON'T app for anything else. You mentioned you want a Discover...wait at least 6 months between apps or allow Discover to send you offers. Who knows, maybe you get a big signup bonus and than app with Discover 6 months later.

You can call the # at he bottom of your Amex approval status page and it will tell you your CL. Congrats again!!

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you could apply for the discover now before the amex and chase accounts show up

Message 24 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

tntexans72 wrote: 

Having Chase on your EX report is good....amex will compete for your business. You just have to sit back for 6 months now and DON'T app for anything else. You mentioned you want a Discover...wait at least 6 months between apps or allow Discover to send you offers. Who knows, maybe you get a big signup bonus and than app with Discover 6 months later.

You can call the # at he bottom of your Amex approval status page and it will tell you your CL. Congrats again!!

I called the # 1-866-314-0237, but it asked for my info and tried to transfer to a representative. Should I talk to them to get the CL?

Discover is on my list, but since I already have Freedom it is not a priority. As you said, I even might end up getting a fat signup bonus.

BTW, thanks for all the advice. Next year this time, I will have a nice Amex history.

Message 25 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Or you could apply for the discover now before the amex and chase accounts show up

I already checked Discover online offers before applying for Sapphire Preferred. They had no card for me, zip, zero! I am not going to apply for Discover anytime soon.

Message 26 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@simon

If you call that # from Amex....I believe if you hit #1 first than it's automated. If they are transferring you, it doesn't hurt to ask imo. I would be curious to find out what my CL is and let Amex welcome you to the Amex family. They may or may not try to sell you other products but at least you get to know what your CL is and when you should expect the card by. It's a sweet card and because you apped for the BCP - you may get a better CL. It's one of the toughest card to get from Amex imo.

Discover will more than likely pull EQ for you....they did for me back when. I gotta say, you have several nice cards now. Just remember to wait 6 months between apps. The 2yrs is what most of these banks want to see on your CR....now, it should be smooth sailing for you.

Message 27 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous

If you call that # from Amex....I believe if you hit #1 first than it's automated. If they are transferring you, it doesn't hurt to ask imo. I would be curious to find out what my CL is and let Amex welcome you to the Amex family. They may or may not try to sell you other products but at least you get to know what your CL is and when you should expect the card by. It's a sweet card and because you apped for the BCP - you may get a better CL. It's one of the toughest card to get from Amex imo.

I called the # again, it did not say my application is approved or anything and tried to transfer me. I waited until it said their office is closed and call back on Monday. So maybe they have not yet approved me or something. I should definitely call tomorrow and ask about it; despite what their web site says as approved, you never know what may happen.

I apped for BCP because at this point, I really don't know how much I can get back from its 6% rewards. If I can get $100 over BCE (minus the $75 yearly charge) then I will keep the card. Otherwise I've read that I can always downgrade it to BCE.

Message 28 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous

I called the # again, it did not say my application is approved or anything and tried to transfer me. I waited until it said their office is closed and call back on Monday. So maybe they have not yet approved me or something. I should definitely call tomorrow and ask about it; despite what their web site says as approved, you never know what may happen.

I apped for BCP because at this point, I really don't know how much I can get back from its 6% rewards. If I can get $100 over BCE (minus the $75 yearly charge) then I will keep the card. Otherwise I've read that I can always downgrade it to BCE.

Well...if the check application status page said you are approved...than you are approved. No ifs, buts, about it.....Regardless what you do down the road, the BCP is a very HOT card right now, alot of ppl are trying to get it imho cause the rewards are one of the best if not the best out there right now.

Once you know your CL, please update Smiley Happy

Make a note on your calandar from the date of activation of the card to call the # on the back of the card 61 days from activation to request a CLI. The rule is 3x your BCP starting CL and if Amex doesn't approved, they will counter. It's all automatic and the CLI is SOFT, not a HP which is priceless again.

Message 29 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:
Well...if the check application status page said you are approved...than you are approved. No ifs, buts, about it.....Regardless what you do down the road, the BCP is a very HOT card right now, alot of ppl are trying to get it imho cause the rewards are one of the best if not the best out there right now.

Yeah, I am sure it is a hot card. I am very conservative, and If you didn't insist, I would've never applied for it Smiley Happy

I intend to keep the card, but we should see how much it works for our shopping habit.

tntexans72 wrote: 

Once you know your CL, please update Smiley Happy

Make a note on your calandar from the date of activation of the card to call the # on the back of the card 61 days from activation to request a CLI. The rule is 3x your BCP starting CL and if Amex doesn't approved, they will counter. It's all automatic and the CLI is SOFT, not a HP which is priceless again.

Sure, tomorrow I'll call them and ask. I will update what they gave me. Hope it is more than $500. Smiley Very Happy

Got it! Request CLI 61 days after the activation. Thanks again for all the info.

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.