Did you mean: 

Instantly Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Update

@tntexans72 wrote:

Once you know your CL, please update Smiley Happy

I called today, and the rep told me my app has not fully approved yet. What are the odds! He advised me to check back the web site in 48-72 hours to see if I am approved or not. Weird?

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 41 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

Approved!

@tntexans72 wrote:

Well...if the check application status page said you are approved...than you are approved. No ifs, buts, about it.....Regardless what you do down the road, the BCP is a very HOT card right now, alot of ppl are trying to get it imho cause the rewards are one of the best if not the best out there right now.

Make a note on your calandar from the date of activation of the card to call the # on the back of the card 61 days from activation to request a CLI. The rule is 3x your BCP starting CL and if Amex doesn't approved, they will counter. It's all automatic and the CLI is SOFT, not a HP which is priceless again.

I called today (~72 hours) and found out that I am finally approved with 15K limit. I think I am set for life!! No more apps for me.

Thanks everyone for all the help and instruction.

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 42 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved!

@SimonP wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Well...if the check application status page said you are approved...than you are approved. No ifs, buts, about it.....Regardless what you do down the road, the BCP is a very HOT card right now, alot of ppl are trying to get it imho cause the rewards are one of the best if not the best out there right now.

Make a note on your calandar from the date of activation of the card to call the # on the back of the card 61 days from activation to request a CLI. The rule is 3x your BCP starting CL and if Amex doesn't approved, they will counter. It's all automatic and the CLI is SOFT, not a HP which is priceless again.

I called today (~72 hours) and found out that I am finally approved with 15K limit. I think I am set for life!! No more apps for me.

Thanks everyone for all the help and instruction.

Great CL...that is pretty huge considering it's Chase. Did you find out what your apr was? 50k pts is no laughing matter either Smiley Happy

What wasyour starting CL on your Freedom? Much congrats again....and the status of your BCP card?

Message 43 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:

Great CL...that is pretty huge considering it's Chase. Did you find out what your apr was? 50k pts is no laughing matter either Smiley Happy

What wasyour starting CL on your Freedom? Much congrats again....and the status of your BCP card?

15K is the limit of the new BCP. My Chase Sapphire Preferred approved for 8500. My Freedom had 7K from the start, and they never increased it. So, it makes BCP my highest limit card! BTW, should I call and ask for 3x of 15K in 61 days? Smiley Very Happy I don't think if they would give me 45K limit any time soon.

I sent a secured message asking for 100K points on Sapphire Preferred, but the rep sent the template typical message: that offer was a select offer and blah blah blah.

Message 44 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

15K is the limit of the new BCP. My Chase Sapphire Preferred approved for 8500. My Freedom had 7K from the start, and they never increased it. So, it makes BCP my highest limit card! BTW, should I call and ask for 3x of 15K in 61 days? Smiley Very Happy I don't think if they would give me 45K limit any time soon.

I sent a secured message asking for 100K points on Sapphire Preferred, but the rep sent the template typical message: that offer was a select offer and blah blah blah.

Those are gret cards and great starting CLs. From what I have learned from Chase...they'll give you auto CLI when the computer system said it's time...until than, they won't budge and won't grant 1 without a HP and it's not 100% sure thing either. But what's crazy is....if you decide to app for their 2nd product, they'll match or grant you a higher CL. Best thing to do is open up a 2nd Chase cc which you did with Sapphire Preferred. Don't lose it but I heard through one of their banker that you are allowed to have up to 7 of their products. There's few I know who has 4 so.....YMMV.

Amex will allow you a requested/soft pull CLI after 61 days of activating the card...it's auto if you request $25K or less, if it's more than $25K, you will more than likely will get transfer over to a live CSR or credit analysts so be prepare to answer some really tough questions. I must say...I am not quite their yet Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 51
tburns
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

AMEX seems to be very generous right now. I also got the same CL as you from them this month. I never expect to get a 5 digit CL with my first AMEX especially considering most of my cards are around 1-2k limits.

Message 46 of 51
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@tburns wrote:

Congrats!!!

AMEX seems to be very generous right now. I also got the same CL as you from them this month. I never expect to get a 5 digit CL with my first AMEX especially considering most of my cards are around 1-2k limits.

Agreed.....very generous Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tntexans72 wrote:
Those are gret cards and great starting CLs. From what I have learned from Chase...they'll give you auto CLI when the computer system said it's time...until than, they won't budge and won't grant 1 without a HP and it's not 100% sure thing either. But what's crazy is....if you decide to app for their 2nd product, they'll match or grant you a higher CL. Best thing to do is open up a 2nd Chase cc which you did with Sapphire Preferred. Don't lose it but I heard through one of their banker that you are allowed to have up to 7 of their products. There's few I know who has 4 so.....YMMV.

Amex will allow you a requested/soft pull CLI after 61 days of activating the card...it's auto if you request $25K or less, if it's more than $25K, you will more than likely will get transfer over to a live CSR or credit analysts so be prepare to answer some really tough questions. I must say...I am not quite their yet Smiley Happy

I am not going to ask more than 25K for my first card Smiley Happy I think I will ask 25K in 6 months. Thanks to you, I got the 15K BCP which I am so happy about. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 51
SimonP
Valued Member

@tburns wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks. Me too, I was completely surprised with the 15K. I was expecting something like 5K!!

Message 49 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instantly Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred

I also got instantly approved.  MyFico of 764, one 1 year old GE Money card, 8 year old Macy's card, Income of 30k, essentially no rent or mortgage.  Don't know the limit yet. 

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.