Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Citi Balance Transfer Offer

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Interesting Citi Balance Transfer Offer

I received an email this morning letting me know I had a new balance transfer offer available. I logged into my account to see what the terms were. I wanted to share this with people because I've never seen this in a balance transfer offer before:

Offer:
    • 0.00% Promotional APR on transferred balances. Once your first balance transfer is posted to your account, receive the same promotional rate on new purchases.

• After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases of 21.24% will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Duration:
  • Until 05/01/2017.
Fee:
  • $5 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.

Until now, i've never heard of a balance transfer offer that also effected your purchase APR. For myself, the 0% from card opening just ran out last month, so this would be a cool offer if I needed to make a large purchase.

What do you guys think? Is this common or is Citi trying some new marketing strategy?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting Citi Balance Transfer Offer

I've received offers for 0% on BT's and purchases but not any where 0% on purchases was dependent on a BT.  No idea if it has been done before or not.  They're probably banking on people not paying off the BT and incurring interest when the offer expires.

Message 2 of 3
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Interesting Citi Balance Transfer Offer

I've never seen that either.

I also got an offer from Citi (Simplicity) ) 0% on balance transfers and purchses for 21 months, then 15.24% APR. 

I app'd and got it.  The 0% for purchases is something I need right now (we just bought a home.) 

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.