Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Citi Diamond Preferred offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Interesting Citi Diamond Preferred offer

Got an email from Citi with the following offer:

Use your card to earn 3% back as a statement credit, up to $25, through 05/31/2019 on eligible purchases1 you make at:

• Clothing Stores

• Computer & Electronics Stores

• Department Stores

• Toy Stores

Looks like Citi would like a swipeSmiley Wink
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting Citi Diamond Preferred offer

“Dear AJC,

We know that some of the other CC companies haven’t given you the appreciation you deserve. We’d like you to know that we’re here for you. We value you as a customer, as a person, and as a general consumer. Please spend our money with wild abandon and we will prove our devotion to your ongoing financial success. 

Sincerely, 

Citi Bank”

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

This is not one of the better Citi offers.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Better than the Citi offers we get in our house

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AJC,  have you still been getting  bonus offers on your Citi/Sears MasterCard? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Two years ago Citi was offering me 5% cash back on groceries, dining, gas, and drugstores up to $25 cash back.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

+1

Same here... I've had my Double Cash (started as a Diamond Preferred) since June 2016, and I've never received any spending offers at all.  The only perk I've ever received from it was the 21 months 0% promo when it was opened, which I concede was a nice perk.

If there ever comes a time to trim the fat it will be the first to go.  I only keep it now in case I decide to join Costco at some point I could possibly PC it to a Costco Visa.

I would be appreciative of any "offer" at all!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion, i know i still have bt offers on my Sears, but the 5% always scares me off lol. Havent received the 10% in awile but i believe i had that offer like a month or 2 ago.
Message 8 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Hey that’s waaay better than the offers I’m getting from my AAdv the whole 12 months I’ve had it which is..... Nada!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I had the Citi DP for awhile for a BT, never got any offers for it, nearly had it for 2 years. PC'd that to DC to make it useful again. Still havn't gotten any offers.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.