Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting - Wayfair sent me a Comenity Visa credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting - Wayfair sent me a Comenity Visa credit card

I have had my Wayfair card for 2+ years and today in the mail I received a replacement card that is a Comenity Visa card.

Same credit limit.

I don't recall seeing any emails or other notification about this - OK Visa is more flexible than store card so I'm happy.

FYI I don't see any way to ask for an increase nor do I see a way to apply for a card (not that I could I have one- just poking around to figure out what's changed).

Anyone else have their Wayfair changed to a Visa?

It earns points on all purchases, more on Wayfair purchases.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Interesting - Wayfair sent me a Comenity Wayfair credit card

It looks like some more recent discussion in the Wayfair closure thread has mentioned that those who did not receive closure letters would be issued vanilla bank cards.  Interesting if yours is still cobranded.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-shutting-down-Wayfair-Credit-Card/td-p/610172...

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake it's a vanilla visa card not wayfair branded.  Sorry was multi tasking and not paying close attention.  

Message 3 of 31
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

I just received a Comenity Mastercard in the mail yesterday with a notice about the closure and that my card was converting. Same credit line as my Wayfair card was but now it's a M/C.  I'm happy.

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 4 of 31
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Wow I'm so happy for you all! Was really harsh for WayFair to walk away from the credit card like that. I'm glad Comenity is making this right! Free upgrade from a storecard to an everywhere VISA/MC!

Does the new card have any cashback or good APR/ Balance Transfer offers?

Message 5 of 31
Ontherise2020
Frequent Contributor

Re: Interesting - Wayfair sent me a Comenity Visa credit card

I received the same offer as you but I got the Comenity Mastercard yesterday.  When I activated it through the automated system it said to not use the card until after September 11th.  This is when their relationship with Wayfair ends.

I was just as surprised as you but I will take it and thank you!! lol

FICO Scores:
EX 715
TU 750
EQ 739
FICO 9 773
Message 6 of 31
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Comenity canceled Wayfair card and sent a Mastercard

As I stated Comenity canceled Wayfair card and sent a Mastercard. It has the same limit but interest rate is a bit better but still too high. I had quit using Wayfair for anything and my balance is zero. 

Message 7 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comenity canceled Wayfair card and sent a Mastercard

Congratulations on your MC Upgrade!

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my card in the mail. It does have 1.5% cash back on regular purchases. 3% cash back on home furnishings. Didn't see anything for balance transfers.

Message 9 of 31
musicalmom
New Contributor

I almost threw the envelope away because I thought it was an invite for another card that I don't need.

Interestingly when you log onto Wayfair credit it shows a Citi MasterCard but I received a Comenity MasterCard.

I'm curious if everyone received comenity or if some received citi? 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.